Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Of course I use the Treo for business stuff. I also took my kid to get shoes and took a picture with my 650 so my wife could approve from home since she stayed back with the sleeping baby. Another time, we had a blackout on our street that lasted just 2 minutes. I was in the basement with no light. Used the Treo's strong backlight to find a flashlight.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Saved my bacon in a funding meeting... I had done a tour of our dialysis unit and took pictures of it. We wanted to get approval for more dialysis pods to be set up. Well, according to their records, the CFO thought we had 30. We tried getting hold of all kinds of personnell to verify we only had 20 and then I remembered my pictures! I whipped out my treo and showed the pictures and we were granted the funds on the spot.
    I also have to mention that I switched from T-Mo to Cingular for the 650 and the coverage is just excellent. I can be reached anywhere throughout the hospital and it makes life so much easier.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbauer-ctu24
    They have neglected to remove or even detect my Moto HS820 Bluetooth headset.
    He he.
    I quickly assess the situation, and gauge the room with my Treo within about 20-25 feet away (Bluetooth has a theoretical limit of 30 feet). I speeddial my brother, get him to call the lawyer....and it all turned out OK.
    If only you could really speed dial from the headset...
    Creighton, I think he meant voicedial.

Captain Chuck, does that actually work (photoshopping to get out of tickets?) I would think they would catch on, but maybe Chicago is different...

What kills me is the Treo makes you much more productive...it can shave hours off you day...but there is always more work to fill it up. :-).

But I am to say, it let's me fit 12 hours of work into 8 hours, which gives me my evenings and weekends back (which I never should have given up in the first place).

I just read an article in Fast Company about people working 100 hour weeks, working until 10 PM, up at 6 AM, and getting up at night to check email, etc.

I thought this stuff went out of style after the dotcom days. For the most part, these jobs don't pay enough for giving up your life.
    Moreover, you are not as productive after 8-10 hours a day, so it's "economically" dumb...diminishing returns.

Nearly all of the "dotcom"/startup/etc. multi-millionaires I know (about 50) were just plain lucky - right place, right time, and did not work themselves to death. And about half I would call less than average in their skills and ability.

Obviously, everyone marches to their own drummer, but the biggest scam out there is "work harder, not smarter".

Do what you like, find a job that pays decent (if yours doesn't, find one that does...there are many idiots being paid phat dollars out there), and have a life.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Unless I've missed something huge, the 650 only supports voice dialing with certain hands-free kits. Voice dialing from a bluetooth headset like the HS820 is not supported.
    I should say what type of news i read: I go to CBC.ca, BBC, USATODAY mobile...i want al jazerra Also i go to ESPN mobile, and various sites for cricket and F1 info
    Creighton,

if that is true, it makes that guy a liar.

Would like to see the mods do a little termination of the post and poster.
    Creighton,

if that is true, it makes that guy a liar.

Would like to see the mods do a little termination of the post and poster.
    If you're referring to the post by Jack B, watch Fox at 9pm on Mondays.

Though i've never seen him use a treo before...
    Yesterday, I needed to make a phone call. It worked.
    Tony
    using PDAnet to wirelessly connect my laptop during the drive to San Diego this weekend, and connecting the audio out from the laptop to the casette-in of the car audio system - allowed my girlfriend to listen to Dr. Laura go off on the terry schiavo case in the car even though Dr. Laura's show wasn't on the radio.

Could have done that without the laptop using Ptunes deluxe and the headphones adaptor but the audio stream was WMV.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence
    If you're referring to the post by Jack B, watch Fox at 9pm on Mondays.

Though i've never seen him use a treo before...
    If thats the plot to next weeks episode of 24, I might skip this season
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk
    When the City of Chicago gives me parking tickets.

I simply take a picture of the area surrounding my car, open it in Photoshop, clone out the "No Parking" signs, or add the "FAIL" letters to the parking meter LCD display, print it out, mail it or bring it in person to contest the fine and get off scott free.

uhhhhhhhhhh....Can your Treo go to jail as an accomplice?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Driving home to get my kid to soccer practice - get an email that it's been cancelled, allowing me to get other things done.

Driving into town for a meeting - get an email that meeting's been cancelled. Go to lunch instead.

Sitting in a restaurant and decide to see a movie - check what's playing, where, and at what times before the bill comes.

At a movie theatre, get a form to fill out a web survey that will get the first couple of hundred people a pair of free movie tickets. Give car keys to my wife, and fill out the survey on the way home, before a couple of hundred other people beat me to it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.

Captain Chuck, does that actually work (photoshopping to get out of tickets?) I would think they would catch on, but maybe Chicago is different...
    5 years, 3 digital cameras/camera phones, 15-20 parking tickets... 0 convictions/fines paid.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12