1.    #1  
    When I first laid my eyes on the Treo 600 I said "wow they inally got it right" I've experimented with pocket pc's and the Kyrocera 7135 with poor results but I think I got it right this time.

Verizon screwed up my order several times so I ended up paying $100 for it and they still forgot the camera but they are sending a replacement.

I am the lead construction manager for a large firm and need to send emails, fax's, take notes and talk over 5000 minutes a month so a phone with a strong phone function is a must then pda.

Anyway I can't figure out how to use a few functions:

1. Assign ring tones to different callers
    2. Put my voicemail number on a speeddial that will include the pause and PIN.
    3. Use the graffiti.

I'm also looking for an application that can send simple fax's.

Thanks all I love this thing, if i were to design a pda/phone it would have looked like this.

I also would like to install a good car kit with amplifier are these available or should i wait until the 650 is available on verizon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Howitzer
    When I first laid my eyes on the Treo 600 I said "wow they inally got it right" I've experimented with pocket pc's and the Kyrocera 7135 with poor results but I think I got it right this time.

Verizon screwed up my order several times so I ended up paying $100 for it and they still forgot the camera but they are sending a replacement.

I am the lead construction manager for a large firm and need to send emails, fax's, take notes and talk over 5000 minutes a month so a phone with a strong phone function is a must then pda.

Anyway I can't figure out how to use a few functions:

2. Put my voicemail number on a speeddial that will include the pause and PIN.
    3. Use the graffiti.

I'm also looking for an application that can send simple fax's.

Thanks all I love this thing, if i were to design a pda/phone it would have looked like this.

I also would like to install a good car kit with amplifier are these available or should i wait until the 650 is available on verizon?

Welcome, first let me caution you to search through the threads before you post...most of what you are asking is in here somewhere (Congrats BTW)

I will help you with what I know

You can either use callfilter or other programs (3rd party) to do this or you can make that caller a 'favorite' where you can have a picture come up when they call and then assign a custom ringer. From your phone app, press up to Favorites-->click menu button-->click on edit favorite button-->click on More-->then click on Ringtone and change it from default to whatever you have installed on the 600. BTW-you can use the favorites app to have more than just phone numbers, you can set it up with shortcuts for Application, Speed Dial, Message or Link.

2. Put my voicemail number on a speeddial that will include the pause and PIN

I think mine already had it there when I got the phone and it was programmed. You can create a favorite button but I think slot #1 is reserved for voicemail. For sprint, when you call your phone # from your treo, it automatically starts you in your voicemail. For verizon, I would have thought it would be the same.

3. Use the graffiti.

Treo 600 doesnt automatically come with grafitti. You can add it for free with a program called grafitti anywhere (I tried it, didnt like touching my screen with my styluse [I have a krusell case that covers it anyway] so I deleted it. You can download it from www.freewarepalm.com or from www.mytreo.net Either way, it will do what you want it to do.

Good luck and do a search for 'best programs' There are a ton of programs that a lot of people are using that really make the treo phones fully converged.

Forgot about your fax question...you have to use a seperate service to do faxes (cant do it straight from your phone). There is a thread that has new posts about it today [From treocentral.com click on discussion, then click on new posts]