1.    #1  
    I decided to order a free 128mb sd card from P1, but when I enter my ID number (from back of the inst. CD sleeve) it says "ID number not valid"

Here is my ID number:
    RPTGG0805413748

The page accepts my serial number. What may be wrong with my ID number ?
    do you have any idea ?
    call palm.

did u get an unlocked gsm?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    yes I have an unlocked gsm.
    no I can't call them because it will be an international call and P1 support makes you wait too long on the phone.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Use MSIE to access the page. It has a bug with other browsers. You will pay shipping for international delivery - may not be worth "free".

The call is to the PalmOne Store, which doesn't have a long wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    I decided to order a free 128mb sd card from P1, but when I enter my ID number (from back of the inst. CD sleeve) it says "ID number not valid"

Here is my ID number:
    RPTGG0805413748

The page accepts my serial number. What may be wrong with my ID number ?
    do you have any idea ?
    It doesn't work and it never has for Unlocked GSM's! You have to call but this offer is only valid in the US.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    millerhifi is correct. The page doesn't work for unlocked phones. You must call.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    It doesn't work and it never has for Unlocked GSM's! You have to call but this offer is only valid in the US.
    It's true you do have to phone (as others have said,) but it's also valid in Canada.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  8.    #8  
    ok, thanks for the information. especially the shipping issue.
    I guess I can purchase a 1gb sd card here (in Turkey) for 95$. instead of paying shipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    It's true you do have to phone (as others have said,) but it's also valid in Canada.
    Sorry, forgot to include you Canadians! Aay
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I can't find the page where you can request the free SD. Can anybody post a link? Thanks!
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    okay so this is another one of those 'valid in USA only'; previous one, AFAIR, was the promotion for developers. I wonder why palmOne doesn't consider the rest of the world.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    i didnt know this, I just suspected it being that it didnt work for the 2 that i have.

never bothered making the call.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Yeah, same here. Didn't really care to make any effort to get one but did try it a few times from the website and wasn't able to.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone