Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    LOL at all the folks asking me for something that I got on this board! There is a link to it someplace...

I think this is where I got it: http://smartphonetools.treobits.com/...bstring=webpro
    Do you guys have problems with this version? Half the time I close out of the program, I get a white screen and have to do a soft reset. I also have a problem when I get a call while on Web Pro. After about 30 seconds, the phone soft resets, terminating my call.

Who has this problem as well? It's too bad, because I really like the browser.
    i got webpro and blazer on my cingular 650 and it keeps freezing up on me,how can i fix it,thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    BTW, when I said Webviewer is almost useless, I meant that the speed advantage it had on the 600 is pretty much gone even if I use Blazer and the size that it takes up having to keep Java in memory is tough.
    Webviewer significantly speeds up web surfing because it's proxy based.
    True, that if you go to a site that is moreless mobile friendly, you get no benefit from webviewer, which is why I use Blazer for 'small' sites when I can.
    But any graphic or javascript intense site (some even too large to run on Blazer) come up pretty fast on Webviewer. Same exact concept as Xiino, but Xiino is a little faster.
    Unfortunately, Webviewer's biggest drawback is that it doesn't draw HTML tables. It shows the text in them, but doesn't render the table lines making some things ugly. That's probabally my biggest complaint.
    It takes all graphics and re-formats them to the Treo's resulution before downloading them vs. Blazer which downloads the full size image then re-formats it in memory.

Blazer whenever I can.
    WebViewer for javascript intense or large sites.
    Xiino for other large (and largest) sites, or where HTML tables are on the page.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    was using xiino for a while, but switched to webpro. loads fast, works well, and it let's you set the cache size.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Quote Originally Posted by libmanj
    Do you guys have problems with this version? Half the time I close out of the program, I get a white screen and have to do a soft reset. I also have a problem when I get a call while on Web Pro. After about 30 seconds, the phone soft resets, terminating my call.

Who has this problem as well? It's too bad, because I really like the browser.
    Delete webpro and reinstall it and also sync these 2 files...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Thanks for the files and the instructions.

However, I followed those instructions exactly, then I got on Web Pro. The first time I tried to exit the program, I got the white screen of death again.

It's just not working for me. Any more suggestions?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I'm also having the same problem. Each time I exit, I get a message about not enough space and to delete data and applications. It's a nice browser though. Too bad it doesn't work correctly for me. I already love it over Blazer.
    I was able to resolve MOST of my white screens when exiting Webpro by using PowerRUN to put in on my Card.
    Now, it seems that the only time it crashes, is if I try to change the preferences. So, I make preference changes only once in a while, knowing that it's going to crash and then wait for the reset.
    PowerRUN made the biggest difference for me though. Zlauncher didn't seem to work the same with Webpro for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by libmanj
    Thanks for the files and the instructions.

However, I followed those instructions exactly, then I got on Web Pro. The first time I tried to exit the program, I got the white screen of death again.

It's just not working for me. Any more suggestions?
    I've tried several times to get it to work.

Try deleting all 3 files again. Also delete or move(just incase) the mathlib.prc file out of RAM. Reinstall Webpro by itself. If that doesn't work then uninstall webpro again and reinstall along with the 2 cert files. I suggest a soft reset every install and removal.
    Hey MVT! Thanks a bunch for the Webpro! But I installed WebPro fine and dont have any white screens, but it doesnt find the sites that blazer always finds fine... Always says it cant open the page. And I set the network to Sprint PCS. I even tried the Sprint Provisioning settings and Webpro still cant go anywhere... Oh well, back to Blazer for me!

Edited to add: Its not WebPro, apparently its ME. I don't know what has happened to my Vision settings (cause I dont mess with those settings at ALL) but now Blazer can't even connect either. It may have something to do with the 1.08 update as I havent done much, if any web browsing since before Friday night when I updated the 650 with the Sprint Update. My phone connection works fine and so does SMS, just the vision that is screwy. =(
    Last edited by techprincesse; 03/28/2005 at 07:25 AM.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Pardon me, but what are the SVcerts. I have webpro installed on my 600 and 650, and I don't have that .pdb anywhere.
    I love how fast WebViewer is. I'd be the near-perfect browser if:
    [1] You could download files using it
    [2] It could be set as the default browser (so URLs embedded in emails would launch it)
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Hey MVT! Thanks a bunch for the Webpro! But I installed WebPro fine and dont have any white screens, but it doesnt find the sites that blazer always finds fine... Always says it cant open the page. And I set the network to Sprint PCS. I even tried the Sprint Provisioning settings and Webpro still cant go anywhere... Oh well, back to Blazer for me!

Edited to add: Its not WebPro, apparently its ME. I don't know what has happened to my Vision settings (cause I dont mess with those settings at ALL) but now Blazer can't even connect either. It may have something to do with the 1.08 update as I havent done much, if any web browsing since before Friday night when I updated the 650 with the Sprint Update. My phone connection works fine and so does SMS, just the vision that is screwy. =(
    I got this too with the custom rom from shadowmite. I simply reinstalled NetPrefs, NetworkDB, and NetworkProfiles2 from an earlier back up before the update from Backupman and it was working again.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Pardon me, but what are the SVcerts. I have webpro installed on my 600 and 650, and I don't have that .pdb anywhere.
    Not quite sure what those files do but I have them installed and I don't get the white screen problem.
    My web access is now fixed... I dont have the shadowmite ROM so I know that wasnt it. A couple of soft resets and a re-provision fixed my issues. Using WebPro now as we speak!

I like it alot, now I just have to get used to pressing down instead of right to go through the fields and hitting the "Enter" key instead of the center button.

UPDATE: I am getting the white screen problem unfortunately... I'm at work now so now way to try all the fixes and installing and reinstalling, I will try it later. Too bad I liked the interface alot!
    Last edited by techprincesse; 03/29/2005 at 08:57 AM.

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    XINO is my favorite. Only use blazer when I'm linking to a page in an e-mail. I wish I could set XINO as my default browser.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportsCRX
    do you have to buy that java thing they're saying on that site? i could of sworn we can get it for free.
    No you dont have to buy theirs. I downloaded and installed the free one from Palm available here ( http://www.palmone.com/us/support/jvm/ ) and Web viewer works fine. Only thing is, since is the trial version all the images have a huge TRIAL stamped on it, that sucks! So I am uninstalling WebViewer for now...

Anywhoo... I installed the two WebPro pdb Cert files as mentioned above and I am no longer getting the white screen of death. I uninstalled WebPro, then reinstalled the Webpro and 2 pdb files, then did a soft reset and it now exits fine. Tried it twice and still no white screen... BUT, I dont like how I have to scroll left and right with WebPro and its already on "HandHeld View."

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12