Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Which one to choose? Any feedback- both seem to be pretty good apps. Any recommendations for my 650?

Do either support the uploading of Treo 650 videos?
    I use splash blog and love it. There's a good thread here with some info. Spalsh support has said uploading videos is being considered for near future plans.

No experience with hblogger.
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 03/27/2005 at 06:57 PM.
  3.    #3  
    bump
    what am I...chopped liver?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    what am I...chopped liver?
    ...and some folks don't care for liver...
  6.    #6  
    Actually I like liver, but you had no experience with Hblogger as you say. I was seeing if I could get an opinion from someone with that experience as well. Thanks for your post on your opinion of SPlashBlogger. I appareciated that.
    Last edited by experiment626; 03/27/2005 at 06:56 PM. Reason: typo
  7.    #7  
    I am leaning to Splashblogger, but $15 is $15 or so.
    i would like to no of an experience with hblogger also but right now i'm leaning toward splashblog because of the positive feedback...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    I've never used HBlogger, but I love SplashBlog...it is so much fun and really worth the money. Check out my site at:

www.splashblog.com/mtamedeo
    Splashblog, no experience with hblogger.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    cool.. i guess splashblog is a no brainer because obviously no one uses hblogger ... i'm going to start the trial with splashblog and go from there thanx all....
    i think you'll like it. I tried the trial and messed around with it for awhile and then bought it the same night. it'd be cool if you could post video (I guess that is a feature they are working on)
    Splashblog is a simple photoblog program, with some limitations (eg: have to keep all your photos on your palm with sync)

Hblogger is more difficult to use but can also post pictures and interface with many of the current blogs. Thus, it is more versatile and has a richer feature set.
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    Splashblog is a simple photoblog program, with some limitations (eg: have to keep all your photos on your palm with sync)

Hblogger is more difficult to use but can also post pictures and interface with many of the current blogs. Thus, it is more versatile and has a richer feature set.
    is hblogger the same way where you have to have the photos on the palm and sinc ? basically what your saying about splash is that i have to have the photos on the palm even after i add them to the blog to keep them active ?
    If you're into blogging, Well check out www.flickr.com.

It's a free image hosting site that allows you to have a somewhat blog like interface and you don't even need to use any program, just email the pics to your flickr account with subject and title and see it pop up. take a look at www.flickr.com and browse around.

I am not affiliated with this site, I just originally started using it because it hosted the images for my blogger but now i am slowly migrating to just flickr.
    Flickr was just bought by Yahoo.

Wonder if we'll see more ads now?
    I use HBlogger infrequently and it works great. I like that it can upload pictures to an FTP site and make the correct HTML for online posts. Just a nice touch.
    Splashblog limits you to using the splashblog.com journaling site only. hblogger supports different content management systems. I use hblogger with wordpress on my site.

I believe splashblog is more photo-centric as well. hblogger is more text/journaling, you can, however upload files.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    There's also plogit (http://plogit.sf.net/ I think?), it's marked as alpha or beta, although sometimes "betas" of open-source software are more stable than release versions of commercial software.

I haven't used plogit myself, I've got a LiveJournal account and so far HandheLJ works very well for me, http://handhelj.sf.net/. The version of HandheLJ posted there does not have 5-way nav support, you can either apply the patch I posted in the Patches section and recompile the app, or I can email you my updated version.
    SplashBlog 1.02 available:

http://www.splashdata.com/Downloads/SplashBlog.zip

New capabilities:

* A number of features have been added, to assist in managing the number of
    entries, photos, and most importantly, the space used by a blog on your
    device.
    * You can now delete photos on your handheld after they have been uploaded
    to the web. (Note: Be sure you're uploading the full-size photo - check
    your Blog Prefs)
    * You can choose to keep a specified number of most-recent entries for a
    blog on your device. Great for adding your friend's blog and only showing
    the most recent 10 entries (as an example).
    * There is now an auto-delete preference which will delete a photo on your
    handheld when the entry for the photo has been deleted on the web. This
    same preference works with the "limit handheld entries" feature to
    automatically delete photos for entries that have been replaced by newer
    entries/photos.
    * There is now a Delete Entries capability for deleting all the entries in
    your current view, along with the option to delete the photo for the
    entries on the device. (Previously, you could only delete an individual
    entry.

A new Purge Photo feature allows you to delete the photo on your handheld
    for an entry. This keeps the entry in the blog and on the web, also keeps
    the photo on the web (if it has been uploaded previously), and allows you
    to free up space by deleting previously-downloaded photos for blog entries.
    (The Download button, in Edit view, allows you to re-download the photo, if
    you want to bring it back down.)
    Issues addressed:

* Thumbnails no longer stretched in Fit/Fill mode.
    * Download progress reporting is now more accurate.
    * Synchronization speed has been improved.
    * An issue with special characters has been resolved in captions.
    * Fixed a timeout issue that happened when uploading large photos via the
    web admin.
    * Entry Title is now displayed on mouseover of a thumbnail, on the website.
    (appears in IE browser)
    * Better support for changing the category of a photo in a TypePad photo
    album.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast