Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 77 of 77
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Question:

    Are the existing Beta versions that we all have going to keep working or do you think, at some point, a bit of code was inserted to disable the thing after a while?
    Every version I've ever seen has an expiration date with it...

    ON - subject. I think 12.95 is steep. I like the program, and in the grand scheme of things I think 13 buck ain't gonna kill me, so I'll probably buy it. But, I would think sub-$10 would significantly increase the volume of buyers in the long run.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Question:

    Are the existing Beta versions that we all have going to keep working or do you think, at some point, a bit of code was inserted to disable the thing after a while?
    All existing beta versions will continue to work but weather forecasts will be available only to registered users.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    Every version I've ever seen has an expiration date with it...

    ON - subject. I think 12.95 is steep. I like the program, and in the grand scheme of things I think 13 buck ain't gonna kill me, so I'll probably buy it. But, I would think sub-$10 would significantly increase the volume of buyers in the long run.
    I re-read Joel on software this morning:

    "Some days it seems like it would be easier to be a taxi driver, with prices set by law".
    -- http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articl...erDuckies.html
    Last edited by roustk; 05/01/2005 at 11:32 AM.
  4. #64  
    Roustk,

    I registered for TA. I never use it's alarm feature (lots of applications have alarms).

    I like and use the weather and timesync features. Please add weather radar to the current conditions display page..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by roustk
    All existing beta versions will continue to work but weather forecasts will be available only to registered users.
    What about the network time sync?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    What about the network time sync?
    Time sync and alarms will continue to function.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Roustk,

    I registered for TA. I never use it's alarm feature (lots of applications have alarms).

    I like and use the weather and timesync features. Please add weather radar to the current conditions display page..
    Thank you very much for registering.

    I am looking at the weather radar image:
    http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecasts/CA...073&city=Vista

    It is a 620x620 gif, 19KB. Average TreoAlarm forecast size is about 2KB; it will be a 1000% increase in GPRS traffic and people with limited data plans won't be able to use it. The easiest solution would be to include an http link to radar image on current conditions page. Unfortunately, web browser on my Treo doesn't display radar gif:
    http://www.crh.noaa.gov/radar/latest.../si.knkx.shtml

    Any ideas?

    BTW, I plan to release a Treo 650 version with hi-res images as soon as graphic artist is finished with the icons.
  8. #68  
    How does Express show the radar?
  9. #69  
    Bugs/Suggestions for v0.99b
    ======================

    1. The Treo 650's centre button implementation is still a problem. At times, you press the 5-way centre and it does nothing, and at times, it registers as 2/multiple clicks. One example, is the popup dialog you get when an alarm comes on. If the popup appears over the launcher, dismissing the alarm via the 5-way centre key will register as 2 clicks and the second one will launch the app in the launcher.

    2. Have more options for the main display of TreoAlarm. I for one, do not plan on using the weather updates (as GPRS costs where I live are ridiculously overpriced). It'll be nice if there are options for other themes of display - larger clock, background picture, etc.

    3. Ability to specify which days to update time and weather. A day selector much like the ones for alarms would be nice.

    4. Have a "min volume" limit setting. Great for heavy sleepers.

    Hope these will be in a future release
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by roustk
    Thank you very much for registering.

    I am looking at the weather radar image:
    http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecasts/CA...073&city=Vista

    It is a 620x620 gif, 19KB. Average TreoAlarm forecast size is about 2KB; it will be a 1000% increase in GPRS traffic and people with limited data plans won't be able to use it. The easiest solution would be to include an http link to radar image on current conditions page. Unfortunately, web browser on my Treo doesn't display radar gif:
    http://www.crh.noaa.gov/radar/latest.../si.knkx.shtml

    Any ideas?
    I think the Blazer on the Treo 650 has no problems displaying GIf's.

    Here's what I use as bookmarks in my Treo 650 for radar sites for Dublin, Ohio 43017

    http://www.accuweather.com/pda/pda_5...&thisZip=43017

    http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USN...=none&pid=none

    mobile.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?brand=mobile_english&query=43017

    www.srh.noaa.gov/wml/wap_zc.php?zc=43017#R
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    The $12.95 is almost worth it for me in order to have the Time Sync option. I like having my clock up-to-date and keeping enable network time on with a Sprint 650 is problematic. Usually I turn off the phone, HotSync, enable network time, turn on the phone, disable network time. Not a big deal until I forget to disable network time and the 650 crashes.
    You can get that from TimeSyncXT http://www.handydev.com

    I should note though that I registered my version of TA.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfield
    12.95's too much, imo. I think $5 would be good, and would get him lots of sales, because people don't think about five bucks. I guess I'd pay $10, but I wouldn't pay $13.
    First let me say that I was probbaly one of the first to register my copy of TA.

    IMO, the $18 price was way to high and to become a staple in the Treo Users arsenal of "Must Have's", even $12.95 is too high. If it were me, I'd price it in the single digits where it would sell twice as fast.

    Now, you may ask, if that's how I feel, why did I fork over the $12,05 ? The developer is working hard on the program, has frequent updates, and stops in here quite often to answer user questions. That show of effort makes me want to encourage continued development of a small but usefull tool which I use every day.

    My main beef about all Treo software is that if I was to lose my server, all my purchase receipts, regsitration codes, etc. would be gone. Even when I do a hard reset it's a PITA to find all these things. I wish the developers would get together and fund a single source Palm Program Regsistry where one could log on and get one point access to all there purchased apps.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    My main beef about all Treo software is that if I was to lose my server, all my purchase receipts, regsitration codes, etc. would be gone. Even when I do a hard reset it's a PITA to find all these things. I wish the developers would get together and fund a single source Palm Program Regsistry where one could log on and get one point access to all there purchased apps.
    Why not use a program like SplashID or even a simple memo and record all of your codes, versions, at download locations? You probably won't lose you Palm and PC at the same time. Once you create the list, keeping it up-to-date isn't much work.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    You probably won't lose you Palm and PC at the same time.
    Fire and thieves don't tend to be so considerate. And it's still a PITA to load each program, look up the code and type it in....not to mention figuring out what is an "O" and what is a "0". Wouldn't it be nice to be able to log on , prove who you are and have all the apps register themselves in one shot ?
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Wouldn't it be nice to be able to log on , prove who you are and have all the apps register themselves in one shot ?
    Sure would be nice! Until that day arrives I've been using a program called SoftTrack! since '99-'00. It's way old and doesn't sync to my PC but it gets the job done for tracking my software. However, it doesn't really address any of the things you want so I'm not sure why I mentioned it. Oh well, take it for what it's worth.
  16. #76  
    I just bought it, this was one of the first progs I downloaded when I got my treo I would like the option of satilite images though I'm on sprint so data is no big thing
  17. #77  
    I registered TA since I could get it at $12.95. Try going to McDonalds a couple of times a week and see how much you spend. I do think it's a bit pricey relative to other palm apps. I'd like to see if roustk can get $18.50 from anyone on the open market. He may be forced to bring the price down to be in line with other apps.

    That's what I like about this country. Market forces will always bring pressure on the manufacturer AND the manufacturer doesn't have to respond to said pressure if they don't want to - especially in this scenario.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions