Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I was just looking for an alarm package and this MORE than fits the bill!

I really like the ascending volume too!

Thank you so much!
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
    I hope you can have a separate feature where the alarm volume is maximum rightaway... can't wake up, and wouldn't want to waste time waiting for the first few preludes before alarm reaches max volume.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    yes i agree with Rudy. Max straightaway is a very good option for logs like me
    How much will this be when the evaluation period is over on or about May 14th? Will the program not work after this date?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I recently installed ver. .98 and have found that it freezes during the weather update. I can't get it to update the weather at all.

Scratch that-- after causing me to have to reset my Treo 600 3 times this morning, it just successfully updated the weather. Perhaps the NWS server was down temporarily this morning?

Anyway, other than that minor problem, I love this application.

avid
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)
    Can you add a feature that allows the time sync to happen ANYTIME you update the weather as an option, rather than opening command/sync time/ ? THANKS - Great Program!!
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec
    Can you add a feature that allows the time sync to happen ANYTIME you update the weather as an option, rather than opening command/sync time/ ? THANKS - Great Program!!
    Yes, I plan to add it in the next version. Thanks for the feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    How much will this be when the evaluation period is over on or about May 14th? Will the program not work after this date?
    Please wait a few more days. I hope to release 1.0 before the end of the month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    That's great; at least now we can close out dialog boxes with the center button. Two notes:

1. The New Version Check doesn't work correctly until one has first updated the weather with the newest version; not a problem really - I guess it checks the newly created weather database for its curent version number - but a warning to that effect might cut down on support calls.
    Good idea. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    2. Have you thought about allowing the user to create a schedule for regularly updating the weather/time, apart from the alarms? I often just launch the app to check the weather and it's be nice to not have to manually update each time. Also, for those users who can't use the Enable Network Time option for various reasons, a regular syncing of the Treo's time with the NIST server would be a godsend.
    What if I add 'countdown' type of alarm? It can be set to update weather every hour?

Sync Time will be added to Alarms in the next version.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by plaut
    Just tried TreoAlarm for the first time and love it. One question, though - in setting Alarm Sound Preferences, any settings for durations or repeat counts less than 3 seem to revert to 3 on exiting the panel. Is there some way to specify values less than 3 (e.g., no repeat)?
    You should be able to do it in the new version (0.98a). There is a problem with setting it to '1' though -- you will only hear the ringtone at the lowest volume level and then TreoAlarm wll 'auto-snooze' and repeat the same thing a few minutes later.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roustk
    You should be able to do it in the new version (0.98a). There is a problem with setting it to '1' though -- you will only hear the ringtone at the lowest volume level and then TreoAlarm wll 'auto-snooze' and repeat the same thing a few minutes later.
    Thanks. The other option, for me at least, would be to set Duration and Interlude to 1 and leave Repeat at 3, but the first two still (in 0.98a) won't accept values less than 3.
    Roustk:

I downloaded the latest version on Sprint treo 650. The alarm function is working and it also tries to update the weather just prior to alarm. But then I do not see any uipdated report. Then I try to do manually and it does that. So isn't it supposed to download latest weather prior to alarm automatically. I 've put it in wireless alarm mode and download weather mode. I also tried all other options. Thanks
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks. The other option, for me at least, would be to set Duration and Interlude to 1 and leave Repeat at 3, but the first two still (in 0.98a) won't accept values less than 3.
    I am sorry for the disappointment -- Duration and Interlude are in seconds and you probably do not want to set them to 1.

Could you describe what you need?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Could you describe what you need?
    I just want to play a short alarm (e.g., Alarm Beep) three times in quick succession. So Duration & Interlude of 1 with Repeat of 3, or vice versa, would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by neilweinrib
    Roustk:

I downloaded the latest version on Sprint treo 650. The alarm function is working and it also tries to update the weather just prior to alarm. But then I do not see any uipdated report. Then I try to do manually and it does that. So isn't it supposed to download latest weather prior to alarm automatically. I 've put it in wireless alarm mode and download weather mode. I also tried all other options. Thanks
    I had similar problem reported a few days ago with Cingular Treo 650. Could you please send scheduled alarm time and location to support@treoalarm.com. I need them to check the logs on the server.

Thank you!
    Last edited by roustk; 04/10/2005 at 08:48 PM.
    I just want to play a short alarm (e.g., Alarm Beep) three times in quick succession. So Duration & Interlude of 1 with Repeat of 3, or vice versa, would work.
    Personally, here is my description of what I'd like in an alarm:

1. When the alarm kicks in at the specified time, it will play at the lowest setting. (In this case, having a "min volume" option would be useful for heavy sleepers like me).

2. After one cycle of playing (based on duration), the volume is bumped up a notch. This happens concurrently as the tune is playing (no stop then restart).

3. When the cycle ends, the volume is raised another notch (concurrently again).

4. This whole sequence is repeated depending on the number of repeats specified.

Is it possible to get the tune to repeat itself + raise the volume without having a "stutter"? This IMO, correctly defines a true ascending tone behaviour.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Is it possible to get the tune to repeat itself + raise the volume without having a "stutter"? This IMO, correctly defines a true ascending tone behaviour.
    I'll have to take a look at Treo ring tone APIs again. Thanks.
    I changed all limits to 1. Will be available in the next release.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I changed all limits to 1. Will be available in the next release.
    Great - thanks!
    One change I would like to see is for it to add the current temperature and also maybe a high/low for the day.....

Oops, I guess if I use Yahoo weather I get that.
    Last edited by wareynolds; 04/11/2005 at 03:06 PM. Reason: found new info
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast