Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    Congrats!!!

Now you'll need to setup MergicVPN to secure your connection.

And, edit your previous post by erasing your IP address.
    Edited out.

Thanks!

Hey BM... please do so on post #23.

Thanks!

Jeff
    Done and congrats. Im glad we got you up and working.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Just a note, because everyone that I steer to UltraVNC overlooks this. Make sure you install the video driver for UltraVNC. It makes things much much faster...

You can tell if it is installed by looking in Device Manager on your UltraVNC server machine. In display adapters section you should see an item called "Winvnc video hook driver".

Also.. you can always test your UltraVNC server by using UltraVNC client on a PC first. If you can't connect using a PC, then your Treo isn't going to connect.
    Still not working here

I just downloaded the video driver and clicked the setupdrv.exe and get an alert box "Usage: setupdrv.exe install/uninstall" but don't see any files being transferred or anything actually isntalling. Do I need to restart the PC after clicking the .exe?

Edit - restarting the PC didn't install the drivers.
    Last edited by scottymomo; 03/31/2005 at 08:37 AM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Still not working here

I just downloaded the video driver and clicked the setupdrv.exe and get an alert box "Usage: setupdrv.exe install/uninstall" but don't see any files being transferred or anything actually isntalling. Do I need to restart the PC after clicking the .exe?

Edit - restarting the PC didn't install the drivers.
    I had the same problem, and then I installed UltraVNC 1.0.0 RC 20.3. Then go to Start, Ultravnc, Ultravnc driver, Install Driver. It is much faster.

Note: 20.3 is in development but is quite stable.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Appears to be working now, thanks!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magohn
    No it does not. I have a lot of experience with port forwarding and the various settings in the router and the fact of the matter is that most of us are having problems with 'no-ip' . I feel for the newbie its better to use the actual ip of the PC just until you have a PalmVNV connection, THEN start playing around with 'no-ip' etc. To say something works fine when from reports from others are to the contrary is to pile confusion on top of confusion.
    It is impossible for a DNS service to be compatible with some software but not others.

If no-ip's dynamic DNS service isn't working with PalmVNC for you, then it probably isn't working at all because it hasn't been set up correctly.

I've been using no-ip's service for years without any problems, and just connected to my home desktop machine with PalmVNC without any trouble whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Appears to be working now, thanks!
    OK, this is kind of cool and allows you to get a feel for how fast the video driver makes data transmission, so I thought I'd share it with the bunch. Connect to your PC with palmVNC, then under palmVNC prefs uncheck "Hide progress bar". Next scroll until you have scottymomo's animated .gif avatar on your screen.

The video driver allows you to see the movements of scottymomo's avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy
    If no-ip's dynamic DNS service isn't working with PalmVNC for you, then it probably isn't working at all because it hasn't been set up correctly.
    ....and what exactly do you recommend as 'not being setup correctly'. Its hardly rocket science to set up now is it?

Also, I have been using no-ip for years now to run an ftp server, shoutcast server and webcam.

Please respond with a specific fix if you know of one. Thanks
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Magohn,

What is the error you are getting from your VNC client?
    Well, I hate to admit it but I just tried again (after a few days of not) with the exact same settings and lo and behold it connected. I stand corrected, it does work! Seems pretty cool!
    Does anyone know if its possible to map the 2 buttons to the left of the D-pad to work as 'left-right' buttons do on a mouse? If so please post instructions. Also as this is shareware, does it expire? Thanks.
    I am getting an "authentication failed" message when it tries to connect....any ideas? I set up an account at no-ip.info....when I try to connect, it reads:

"Opening the network....skipped
    Connecting to xxxx.no-ip.info:5900
    Network connected
    VNC currentServer supports protocol
    RFB 003.006
    PalmVNC supports 003.003

Authentication failed

Any sugggestions?
    Nevermind, I got it!

BUT, I still don't understand the whole video driver thing to make it faster. I checked and I do not have anything listed in my device manager (winVNC device hook)...when I go to start, ultraVNC....I do not see anything about installing drivers...

help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    Nevermind, I got it!

BUT, I still don't understand the whole video driver thing to make it faster. I checked and I do not have anything listed in my device manager (winVNC device hook)...when I go to start, ultraVNC....I do not see anything about installing drivers...

help!!
    See post #44.
    I just installed UltraVNC 1.0.0 RC 20.3 and installed the video driver. Now, when I try to connect it says "Unable to connect tp xxxx.no-ip.info:5900. Error cannot connect to xxxx.no-ip.info:5900"

It worked until I installed the new version and I did not mess with any of the settings. It appears it is not even connecting to no-ip.info

any help?
    Can anyone help me??
    Should give it more than 2 hours!

Can you connect locally? that is bring up the ultravnc viewer and connect to the server?
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

i think my norton protection is interfering...its staying something about a trojon worm. funny though, it didn't say anything about this with the last version of palmVNC i tried
    ok, I can connect locally after I disabled my norton (internet worm protection). Isn't there a way to permit VNC to have access? Even when I click "permit" when the warning pops on the screen it won't let it. But when it is disabled it works fine (better than win-hand I might add)
    Well I personnaly hate norton because it's the biggest virus ever created (fight fire with fire?) but there should be something in it's firewall settings to either allow a specific program or opening a port.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast