Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    i went to sprint site and they still list it as v5.00b4 build 041012
    where did you see the newest version
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I saw this offer and thought it would be a good opportunity to register Butler. Well, the version I was sent was 2.81, which as I understand it will cause reboots on every hotsync. When I went to the hobbyistsoftware website, I discovered this:

"If you purchased from the Sprint over-the-air store (you downloaded straight from Sprint to your Treo), then the initial application that you downloaded should work without a registration code - please note however that you do not get upgrades if you purchase through Sprint (as I get such a small share of the sale price) - if you want to upgrade to a later version, you will need to purchase a registration code (available from any of the stores linked from my site."

Frankly, this is a load of crap from both Sprint and Hobbyist Software. I paid $11.95 for the download from Sprint... exactly the same as I would have through Palmgear ($3 more than I could have if I hadn't forgotten back when it was on sale). Sprint should not be sending me an application that isn't compatible with my device or that has different licensing terms if those terms are not spelled out in advance. As for Hobbyist Software, I don't really care how much they make through a given store... neogtiating fair terms with your retailers is part of doing business. I don't get a shorter warranty on a product I buy at Target just because the manufacturer happened to sell it to Target at a lower price than they sold it to Sears.

I've sent a message to Sprint asking for a refund, and I'll be looking for other applications to fill the few needs I had for Butler (mainly just the any key launcher) and never buying a Hobbyist Software product again. Just wanted to warn others of making this mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by greathome
    I do have Vision pro pack which is free through the realtor promotion for 2 years.
    In your case, the $10 downloads per month, is it included in your account? If it is, that means every month you can download something around $10 free through your sprint account. That would be nice to download some games for kids after all the necessaries programs you need.
    Thanks a lot. I'll try to call #2 sometime soon
    I called *2 and was told that vision pro pack I have through realtor is not eligible for the free download. I was told to upgrade to Premium pack to get the discount.

Does anyone experienced anything different?
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    I called *2 and was told that vision pro pack I have through realtor is not eligible for the free download. I was told to upgrade to Premium pack to get the discount.

Does anyone experienced anything different?
    I called and was told I have the $10 free download too. According to my experience with the Sprint CS, it all depends on whom you talk to; you most likely get different answers every time. Try again; you might get the right answers this time. Don't give up.

I downloaded the old version from sprint and currently waiting for registration code for upgrading to the 5.20 version.

Thank you, Franko515; he gave me a lot of help regarding of this.

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by peng1can
    I saw this offer and thought it would be a good opportunity to register Butler. Well, the version I was sent was 2.81, which as I understand it will cause reboots on every hotsync. When I went to the hobbyistsoftware website, I discovered this:

"If you purchased from the Sprint over-the-air store (you downloaded straight from Sprint to your Treo), then the initial application that you downloaded should work without a registration code - please note however that you do not get upgrades if you purchase through Sprint (as I get such a small share of the sale price) - if you want to upgrade to a later version, you will need to purchase a registration code (available from any of the stores linked from my site."

Frankly, this is a load of crap from both Sprint and Hobbyist Software. I paid $11.95 for the download from Sprint... exactly the same as I would have through Palmgear ($3 more than I could have if I hadn't forgotten back when it was on sale). Sprint should not be sending me an application that isn't compatible with my device or that has different licensing terms if those terms are not spelled out in advance. As for Hobbyist Software, I don't really care how much they make through a given store... neogtiating fair terms with your retailers is part of doing business. I don't get a shorter warranty on a product I buy at Target just because the manufacturer happened to sell it to Target at a lower price than they sold it to Sears.

I've sent a message to Sprint asking for a refund, and I'll be looking for other applications to fill the few needs I had for Butler (mainly just the any key launcher) and never buying a Hobbyist Software product again. Just wanted to warn others of making this mistake.
    You can request a refund directly from where you bought it: your SprintPCS account. I request refund once after I downloaded the Zlauncher but could not get it to work. I downloaded it again after the last patch upgrade and it is working.

It is on your account, look to My Content Manager; youíll find it there.

BTW, the zlauncher I downloaded was newer than Franko515ís, itís version 5.10.4 and it does get free upgrade from the developer. I just sent in my user name and waiting for the new registration code.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    i have the latest version 5.11
    after u get the outdated version from sprint, upgrade then go to zztechs web site and inform them you purchased zlauncher through sprint, u then upgraded and it dumped your reg code. they will email you back in 1-2 days with reg code.

i guess i forgot to mention the last part
    SORRY

oh yeah i have the pro pack
    I did the exact same thing with excellent results. However, my Vision Pictures plan only allows for a $5 credit, so it cost me $7 instead of your $2. Oh, well...
    Josť

Palm IIIx -> m505 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12