1.    #1  
    Received my replacement unlocked GSM 650 which had 1.15 and 1.06 firmware/ROM versions. As noted by another use (NOC), my speakerphone and earpiece volumes appear to be marginally better. What is weird is the performance of the speakerphone. After doing some more tests and comparisons with the old 1.14/1.05 versus 1.15/1.06 (I have both units in hand before returning original) I noticed that the speakerphone volume increases when the call progress indicator goes from "dialing" to "active". Even more odd is that the call progress indicator is not syncronized with the actual state of the call. In other words, the Treo shows 'dialing' when in fact the call is connected. After the call is connected for about 2 seconds, the call progress indicator shows 'active' at which time the speakersphone volume goes up. This really makes me think the problem is firmware/software related and not the actual hardware. The earpiece volume is also still a problem.

Bill
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    My replacement unlocked gsm 650 has the same earpiece deficiency as the first. C'mon patch!
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    I was able to compare a Cingulare 650 and my unlocked 650 last night. Both had same terrible speaker volume problems!

I am getting pissed! I can't even hardly use the phone in any kind of setting where their is noise. I can't hear in my car unless the radio and A/C are OFF, and I had a customer tell me to call him back later yesterday while I was at lunch. I was sitting in a booth with only elevator music playing in the restaraunt!

I have had pretty good luck with my Bluetooth headset. The volume is higher, but the voice quality seems to crack and cut out a bit.

I cannot believe the volume of this phone. I don't think Palm had ANYONE road test this PHONE (Yes, it is SUPPOSED to be a PHONE first and foremost!!!) before they released itl. I very rarely had this kind of trouble on my 600.

Has anyone heard a definate answer on weather the Sprint update helped with the volume?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mullva
    I was able to compare a Cingulare 650 and my unlocked 650 last night. Both had same terrible speaker volume problems!
    Has anyone heard a definate answer on weather the Sprint update helped with the volume?
    I asked the Sprint updaters about the volume issue. No definitive answers, unfortunately. Some said volume improved, others said there was no change... Not the answer I wanted.

My Cingular 650 replacement was not any better than my original. Rather than play "replacement roulette", I'm going to keep my original, return my replacement, and hope there's a Cingular update soon that fixes the volume issue. We'll see what happens...