1.    #1  
    Hi!

I wonder if there is some way to "translate" the Messages Database (with all the sms-conversations) into a simple word-dokument or a database that can handle it so I can keep a record of my conversations.
    As it is now The Treo 650 deleate the messages after a while (Yes, I use "Maximum" as "Message validity period").
    My way to do this now is to open the file in Word and start the timestealing job to convert it to a readable file. And there's a lot of job there. They look like this:

----------

N@`@atatat@* @+4670212345Pelle (M)TrSM L"Hoppas att allt r bra"." - Right back at'cha....N@`@___a__a__a_@
    :+46768990924Johan ?strm (M) KHall. sugen p grogg hos mig o sen chokladfabriken? eller du skall spela?b_b_b__
    __TrSMm@_`d_@

:+46768990924Johan (M)__b_b_i_________`"`_cZ,@`__@_````g`f`e`c@__`c`e`f`g```_@___ b*_b*_b*@******** :+46768123456 ?strm (M)TrSM fhmm... Spnnande... Det borde jag haka p p. Om inte annars s fr att du bjd mig. ***** @+4670212345Pelle (M)TrSM Det r lugnt & sknt

----------

Are supposed to look like this:

----------

Pelle: "Hoppas att allt r bra".
    Me: " - Right back at'cha...

+strm (M) KHall. sugen p grogg hos mig o sen chokladfabriken? eller du skall spela?

Me: hmm... Spnnande... Det borde jag haka p p. Om inte annars s fr att du bjd mig.

Me: Det r lugnt & sknt

----------

Or even better:

----------

Pelle conversation:

Me, 050302 20:30: - Right back at'cha...
    Pelle, 050302 20:32: Hoppas att allt r bra.
    Me: 050302 20:36: Det r lugnt & sknt

---

strm conversation:

strm (M), 050302 20:31: KHall. sugen p grogg hos mig o sen chokladfabriken? eller du skall spela?
    Me, 050302: 20:35: fhmm... Spnnande... Det borde jag haka p p. Om inte annars s fr att du bjd mig.

----------

And so on.

I send about 1000 SMS's a month and recieve almost as many.
    That's a lot of work.
    Of course I don't record all my SMS:es but I want to keep those wo mean something fore me, and thats about 600-1200 a mount i guess...

There got to be a better way to this than my solution, right...?
    But how?

And It would be great if it works on a macintosh (but I can live with a PC as well, but I defenitly prefer a Mac).

One Idea is maybe to copy the SMS:es in the Treo and Paste it into some kind of word-application. I've tried to copy it to the memo's but that didn't worked out to well. I cant copy specially much untill the Treo say: "Clipboard limit exceeded"...

Thanxs for any help!!!
    Digital stuff is great when they
    work...
    What file are you finding all the in? I'm trying to restore my SMS messages from a backup, but I can't get them to appear on the Treo. The only one I can tell it might be is "messages_database.pdb". Is there another? Thanks.
    I occasionally have to large amounts of text processing from unstructured data that is data-mined from the Internet, I use this product though it is somewhat expensive for my workhttp://www.crystalsoftware.com.au/textpipe.html

This could likely do what you need done but once again the price is sorta of high, I havent seen many products that can do this sort of work in volume but this is one I use and has worked well over the years...perhaps you can find something comparable that allows you to make custum filters for text processing.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogersmith00
    What file are you finding all the in? I'm trying to restore my SMS messages from a backup, but I can't get them to appear on the Treo. The only one I can tell it might be is "messages_database.pdb". Is there another? Thanks.
    Yeah, thats the one!
    You can open it in Word if nowhere else.

But it's still a lot of work...
    My new strategy is to copy each SMS from the chat to a note.
    But that take some time as well since you only can copy about 700 letters in a time then the Palms RAM is full.
    And i'm talking like novels now...
    Well, what do to...

I can't understand why Palm doesn't do a plugin for the Palm Desktop that give you the oportunity to check the messages there aswell as you can do check the calender and notes and such.

Couse even if timexx8's programs proberbly would do some of the job, it's still expensive AND you got to do some work yourselfsince it's not exactly the same things that is going to be deleated each time...
    work...
    OK, if that's the database, how do you get it to "re-appear" in the messaging area after you've hard reset your Treo, and used quick-install to sync that database. It will sync it, but won't reappear. I don't want to do a full restore, cause something in my old setup was making my Treo reset often. It's perfect now, but I want my old SMS conversations back. Any ideas?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogersmith00
    OK, if that's the database, how do you get it to "re-appear" in the messaging area after you've hard reset your Treo, and used quick-install to sync that database. It will sync it, but won't reappear. I don't want to do a full restore, cause something in my old setup was making my Treo reset often. It's perfect now, but I want my old SMS conversations back. Any ideas?
    Sorry, no idea...
    Not if you don't wanna do a full restore, I'm not the right person to ask...
    work...