1.    #1  
    I am a new cingular treo 650 owner and I was wondering if anyone can recommend the essential software that I need to minimize resets or if there is already a post on this that I missed. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by dakdag
    I am a new cingular treo 650 owner and I was wondering if anyone can recommend the essential software that I need to minimize resets or if there is already a post on this that I missed. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance
    It's going to greatly depend on what apps you have installed already, if you had a Palm device before that is trying to install old settings and incompatible apps on the Treo and if you have made sure that you have installed the Cingular patch to resolve the SIM card issue.

Why don't you list what you have on the phone and answer some of the above questions. And are you having reset issues now (if so, how many a day etc) or are you just anticipating resets and trying to minimize them?
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by dakdag
    The best way to minimize resets is to not install any third party apps and don't use Versamail

Here's a good thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=live
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I am a sprint user and versamail was the only thing causing me soft resets occationally but since the update to 1.08 (sprint only), Versamail seems to working just fine.
    I'm a Sprint user and I use lots of software and have very few resets. I use Snappermail for my mail (avoiding pre 1.08 versamail like the plague) and TONS of software. Most of my resets come from opening certain documents in Documents to Go (dunno why). Once in a great while, I'll crash by trying to open a video file in Kinoma.

But I use the phone all day long. Here's the top programs I run with very minimal (less than one crash per week) problems:

Phone (with bluetooth headset- scala)
    Inbox to Go
    SnapperMail (POP)
    Pocket Tunes
    Express
    Diet Assistant
    Nesem (Nintendo Emulator- essential)
    SMS
    Whatzup (small dashboard program)
    Memos
    Tom Tom GPS (with Tom Tom bluetooth GPS antenna)
    BackupMan (auto backs up after synchs and in the morning)

Plus, until I migrated to the 1.08 update yesterday, the majority of these program ran via PowerRun. I was running a Shadowmite ROM as well as had my fonts hacked to a much smaller size. So its not like my T650 is barebones.

My first suggestion would be to ditch Versamail for something else and see if that helps. I have had problems with IMAP mail working smoothly and now just use POP. Since a better version of Versamail isn't available yet, you could either wait or try a Snappermail demo.

Good luck.
    How come it just seems like me? versamail has run perfectly for me. I guess it doesnt for anyone else.
    "Murphy was an optimist."
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I have the Sprint 650 and Versa Mail works fine with my 2 email accounts. I have not had any resets from it, but I have no urgent need to have my mail auto pushed every 10 minutes either. And that it seems is a cause for resets. I do use 3rd party software too and the 650 worked well...even better sound output now after the update.
    Try this site, great resource
    http://www.palmfocus.com/treo650software.asp