1.    #1  
    I kept getting messages downloaded from my POP server after I had deleted them from Versamail. I had the setting "Get only unread messages" checked, and "Get only recent messages" not checked. I was downloading the message headers first, and then only getting the bodies of messages I wanted to read.

Here's the key: junk mail and boring mailing list topics were deleted without ever getting the body of the message. Thus, according to the POP server they had never been read, so the server sent them again.

Thus, you must either set Delivery Options: Get Entire Message, or manually get the boring ones when you have free time. (You can check multiple messages in the inbox and get, delete or move them all with one command.)

-Jeff DLB
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I use pop3 with Yahoo and have get entire message and get only unread mail selected. I still get everything if I do a manual fetch. If I let Versamail do an auto fetch it only gets me what is new.

The problem I have is that no matter what I set the max message size to, it truncates everything. I never get more that a few lines of text and I have to hit he buton to get the rest of the message. I also have delete messages from the server after deleting from Versamail, but it almost never does. Randomly I notice that some email is deleted.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    mg48, how do you get the pop3 mail, do you have the premium service? versamail keeps telling me it only works with yahoo premium service?
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I have SBC/Yahoo DSL so pop3 is included. You can pay $20 to Yahoo to get the premium services like pop and bigger storage.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    thanks Mike, I just got gmail, it works with versamail, one day I will pay the 20 bucks to yahoo.....
    How do you select to get only unread mail? I can't seem to find that option...

split
    Quote Originally Posted by splitsurround
    How do you select to get only unread mail? I can't seem to find that option...

split
    private message me, SplitSurround, and I'll show you how to find it.
  8.    #8  
    > How do you select to get only unread mail?

It's under Delivery Options in Versamail's preferences menu.

-Jeff DLB
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    I don't have the option to "download only unread mail" from within the Versamail app.

if someone who's using Yahoo mail with Versamail successfully can walk me through the Versamail pref i should use, I'd really appreciate it, cause it's getting really annoying to download 35 emails when only 2 of them are unread.

Thanks in advance,

split
  10.    #10  
    When I do the following sequence in Versamail on my Cingular T650:
    Menu:
    Options:
    Preferences:
    Delivery Options
    I see a dialog with several choices. one choice is a checkbox next to
    Get Only: Unread Messages.
    Are you saying you don't have that??

-Jeff DLB