1.    #1  
    I just bought a little batch of Treo 600's and they are white box refurbs. The part number is 1034NA-BMOREF. The REF obviously refers to 'refurb', but can anyone help me with some ID information - is it CDMA or GSM? What provider? Any assistance here would be appreciated.
    If it's GSM there will be a sim card slot, if not, it's CDMA (Sprint or Verizon).
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for taking the time - that is a very quick litmus-test! I will no doubt have some more questions when they get in, since they are supposed to be Canada Bell Mobility locked as the provider.
    You can also, from the phone screen, click menu -> Options -> Phone Info
    In the Software line it will show the software version and a code for the version of the firmware on the phone.

If it's GSM:
    Known operator codes: CNG for Cingular, AWS for ATT Wireless, OUK for Orange UK, OFR for Orange France, OCH for Orange Switzerland, INT for non-branded phones (incl T-Mobile), ROW for non-branded phones as of fw 3.05
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    Scotty,

Thanks! I really appreciate the help - my normal field of expertise is computers and I know little about this stuff, so forgive me if my ignorance shows...
  6. ewm
    You *may* be able to get the phones unlocked enough to work on Sprint or VerizonWireless. I would assume that the steps are similar to those needed to turn a Sprint phone into a Verizon one - which you can search for on TreoCentral.
  7.    #7  
    Hi EWM,
    Thanks for replying. I got the phones in, so can give a few more details. They are CDMA and are set for Bell Mobility, Canada. So any more advice would, at this point, be much appreciated as far as unlocking them is concerned.