1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have a 270 hooked up to my Win XP computer via a USB port. I just got a mini iPod and have found the two conflict.

If the iPod is installed (meaning if iTunes is installed) then I can no longer hot sync my 270 -- it just spins endlessly and times out. I've tried re-installing Palm Desktop with no luck.

I know it's a conflict with the iPod, b/c I ran a system restore and put the computer back to the moment before I installed the iPod and the Treo syncs perfectly.

Any one experience this? Any one have a solution? I just ordered a firewire cable for the iPod. My hope is that if I install it via firewire -- as opposed to the USB -- maybe it won't conflict with the USB based Treo? This, though, is probably just foolishness.

If I were to make the jump to a Treo 600, would that solve it? (I believe the 600, unlike the 270, can use the latest Palm Desktop software.)
  2.    #2  
    P.S. Thanks for any help with the above. I'd really appreciate it.
    Have you tried Palmone USB utility? You can find it here:
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...y_windows.html
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I tried it and no go. Any other ideas?

Thanks again.
    Anyone ever figure this out? I am now experiencing this exact probelm with an Ipod Shuffle and a Treo 600. The T6 never finishes synchng. When I rolled back the computer to before itunes was install all worked fine. Any solutions?
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    bump
    whenever i get problems with syncing i just open up the device manager (in XP) click the sync button, when the "PALM HANDHELD" appears on the device manager window i right click on it and i select uninstall. I pull out of the USB cord, stop the syncing on my unit....plug in the usb cable, plug it in into my treo, click the sync button and then it usually works. It finds the PALM HANDHELD all over again and it works
    Thank you so much for your good, true advice. Means much. But I have to believe many Treo users have ipods and are able to synch both devices without always having to go through a multi-step approach of constantly changing controls. Anyone out there able to simply synch their ipod without losing the ability to also synch their Treo? If so, how did you do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Thank you so much for your good, true advice. Means much. But I have to believe many Treo users have ipods and are able to synch both devices without always having to go through a multi-step approach of constantly changing controls. Anyone out there able to simply synch their ipod without losing the ability to also synch their Treo? If so, how did you do it?
    thats me as well...i can sync my ipod and treo fine at the same time

the approach though should only have to be done once though