Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I stand corrected, some parts of Europe do have CDMA, but it's Eastern Europe, which I don't travel to. Some parts of Asia and Australia also have CDMA. Australia and Japan, I may end up traveling to. Although for CDMA over there, I'd probably have to get a pre-paid phone right? GSM, all I need is a pre-paid SIM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    GPRS is GPRS. It's the same technology whether you're in the US, UK, or South Africa. And yes, it's slow.
    I believe there is some EDGE in the UK if you have (or plan on getting) an EDGE enabled phone. EDGE is considerably faster than GPRS, more on par with CDMA 1x (Vision) if not a bit faster.
    Thanks for the info, by the way!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by peccary
    Personally, I think life is too short to check your cell account every day just to see if any services have spontaneously disappeared. Has anyone had experiences like this with Sprint?
    LOL, that sounds like Cingular service. But to be fair, I think all carrioers suck if you do some rapid changes to your accounts as I have done, switching plans, switching phones, porting numbers back and forth...I'm still feeling the ill effect of my own induced CS nightmare.

Sprint billing policy is very strange. They give you a $200 spending limit, and if you purchase expensive phones from Telesales, and although you pay for them by credit card, they include the cost of the equipment on your usage account. If the credit is not applied immediately then you're automatically over the spending limit and your service is disconnected. I've had that happen to me twice: once because the $600 phone cost was included in my account and not credited immediately, and once because someone forgot to apply my instant $150 rebate.

If you simply have one or more lines, and you don't keep changing options, plans, and switching numbers, most carriers are okay. My GF never had to call Sprint. I was on the phone with them yelling and screaming all the time, and I spent the same amount of time, if not more, with Cingular.

I'm trying to decide if there's any advantage to switching.
    You can't beat Sprint's $15 unlimited Vision. Other than that, I virtualy see no difference between Sprint and Cingular. Off course, Cingular has the advantage of SIM swapping and world phones, but Sprint is coming out with a world phone of their own that uses both CDMA and GSM. Not sure how soon, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars
    I had a wonderful experience the one time I had to call Sprint CS. One good anecdote doesn't say much, I know, but it was great for me.

Tom
    Hello:

I agree with this.

Your mileage will vary but :

Although I spent a great deal of time speaking to Sprint Customer Service during the month of December, by the time January came, my issues were pretty much resolved with respect to customer service. I found the Sprint customer service representatives to be more often than not "clueless" but very engaged, and wanting to help and at times just asking me "OK I don't have any idea about the technology but what can i do to make your life better- a new handset? some service credit? "

I am always very patient when I call and I sometimes have to wait for CS to connect me with tier two and those reps can be clueless as well but at least I take no prisoners. I am nice, introduce myself, and I ask politely for names, location (city where their call center is located) and their email address or LOG IN.

If you ask for their login, politely and in a non threatening tone while (or after) asking how their "day is going", there is accountability since you can refer to this conversation and or transaction in subsequent calls.

Additionally, I am pleased that I am no longer calling Sprint on a daily basis, but when I was doing so, i typed notes while on the phone with them and let them hear i was typing. I specifically ask for the "notes" on my account and subsequent notations they are currently adding (or have added during the call) TO BE READ TO ME before I end the call.

When I made another call, I had my notes, the rep's notes and the supervisor's , retention, "Sprint PCS members helping members" notes on hand ready to refer to.

Lastly, if the CS rep was helpful I let their supervisor know personally, and I will sometimes wait another 10 minutes for the supervisor to pick up the call and receive my compliments. if the supervisor is friendly, I will at times ask them for their login and email address as well as a special request for them to look in on my account to make sure any changes are followed through. I know I ask for a lot but I polite and have high expectations with respect to people with whom I deal. My clients have the same high expectations of me.....

Thanks

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    but Sprint is coming out with a world phone of their own that uses both CDMA and GSM. Not sure how soon, though.
    The Samsung A790, it's been available for some time. I like Sprint, I've been with them for a long time, and I don't anticipate switching soon. Like others have said, $15 vision is impossible to beat. I was frustrated for a while waiting for Bluetooth, but I was finally satisfied with the release of the T608, and then of course the Treo 650.

As far as CS goes, about the only time I ever call them is to activate a new phone, for just about every other need I visit a store, where I've usually had good experiences.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12