Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Not sure how to create a poll here - but I would love to see if people would rather have waited 4 extra months for palmone to release the 650 until all of the bugs were fixed or whether people can just be happy that they had 4 months of happiness with a slightly less than perfect treo.
  2. #2  
    This is really what it comes down to.... All the whining and complaining about all of the problems with the Treo, because PalmOne is a moron outfit that screwed up in the beginning, etc, etc, yap, yap yap....

    I remember when the bi***ing was about "when will P1 get our new Treo out", " We want our new Treo!". You know they released it early to satisfy the clammoring, and to keep the competitors at bay.... and yet even though this forums own polls show the majority of users were happy with their purchase, the babies started crying about how Palm had screwed it up.

    Then, they complain about no firmware upgrade, the upgrade comes (to many a surprised user - me included!) and still complaints about how the unit was released too early.

    Some people are just born negative. They look for the bad, they dwell on the bad, and they probably live less than satisfying lives, not because their lives aren't great, but because they cannot see how great it is or could be, if they simply changed their attitude and perspective.

    Tough break for you guys... 'cause some of us are movin' forward. Happy we bought the Treo when it first came out, even if we had to work a little extra to make things proper, and even happier that the company we chose to do business with supported us with an upgrade.

    Face it... the 650 was the best smartphone available 4 months ago... and it's even better today. Go **** on someone else now!
  3. #3  
    i live a happy life (i feel like)--i just got bummed by 3-4 times a day...friends, mom, work-associates saying to call them back on a real phone that works, and palm and sprint thinking i was lying about it (as compared to: we're working on it)--i love every non voice treo 650 function--i dont think this is purely an emotional issue

    randy
  4. #4  
    Rule of thump: No one will ever be happy! ;-)
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  5. #5  
    Rule of thumb: No one will ever be happy! ;-)
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  6. #6  
    i'm cool.. i didn't have problems before the update so that made me kind of warey about updating and having problems.. just finished updating and i have to say that i haven't any problems so far everything seems to be running as it was before so i'm definently a happy camper and the extra memory didn't hurt a bit..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  7. mtgmt's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #7  
    wait? for what ? im glad i got mine fresh back in dec and still on the first one!
    mt
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kyorandy
    i live a happy life (i feel like)--i just got bummed by 3-4 times a day...friends, mom, work-associates saying to call them back on a real phone that works, and palm and sprint thinking i was lying about it (as compared to: we're working on it)--i love every non voice treo 650 function--i dont think this is purely an emotional issue

    randy
    This sounds pretty reasonable... I'm talkin' about the die hard whiners, the ones that hijack helpful threads to complain about something they're not happy with. Sometimes it seems like they can't move on to something else.

    Hope the upgrade resolved your issues... if not, you might consider taking your unit back for an exchange (a smartphone that doesn't work very well as a phone seems like a pretty good reason for exchange!). With so many others having no problems, or few problems, there must be a good unit out there for you!

    Best O' Luck!
  9. #9  
    I loved it when the 650 was a rare sight and people thought it was the coolest thing they had ever seen. Even though it's a little more common now, everyone is still very impressed. Shallow as it is, it was a feel-good status thing to be one of the first to have one. My Cingular guy went to another store to get mine for me. So in my small area, where it wasn't available retail yet, I felt very elite. Kind of made up for my rare bugs.
  10. #10  
    Think of it this way: would you pay $600 today to beta test the 700, knowing that a stable ROM patch will be released in September, or would you rather not have the 700?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhas
    This is really what it comes down to.... All the whining and complaining about all of the problems with the Treo, because PalmOne is a moron outfit that screwed up in the beginning, etc, etc, yap, yap yap....

    I remember when the bi***ing was about "when will P1 get our new Treo out", " We want our new Treo!". You know they released it early to satisfy the clammoring, and to keep the competitors at bay.... and yet even though this forums own polls show the majority of users were happy with their purchase, the babies started crying about how Palm had screwed it up.

    Then, they complain about no firmware upgrade, the upgrade comes (to many a surprised user - me included!) and still complaints about how the unit was released too early.

    Some people are just born negative. They look for the bad, they dwell on the bad, and they probably live less than satisfying lives, not because their lives aren't great, but because they cannot see how great it is or could be, if they simply changed their attitude and perspective.

    Tough break for you guys... 'cause some of us are movin' forward. Happy we bought the Treo when it first came out, even if we had to work a little extra to make things proper, and even happier that the company we chose to do business with supported us with an upgrade.

    Face it... the 650 was the best smartphone available 4 months ago... and it's even better today. Go **** on someone else now!
    /\

    Takes any complaint about the 'Godsend' Treo and takes it personally . Then, rages on and on about the rest of us 'whiners', calls us negative, etc, etc, etc.

    The guy is asking a question...wait or not?

    My advice based upon my experience = wait.
    Cingular T650
    ...now back to Motorola and a Zire 72!
  12. #12  
    nO but I would take the device for free now test and then pay when the software update comes out. And let me tell you it wouldnt take that long for that stable patch to be out.

    rj

    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Think of it this way: would you pay $600 today to beta test the 700, knowing that a stable ROM patch will be released in September, or would you rather not have the 700?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkLegGT
    /\

    Takes any complaint about the 'Godsend' Treo and takes it personally . Then, rages on and on about the rest of us 'whiners', calls us negative, etc, etc, etc.

    The guy is asking a question...wait or not?

    My advice based upon my experience = wait.
    I never called the Treo a 'Godsend', but it does provide great productivity and therefore freedom for me in my business.

    Point taken on rage against rage... I just get tired of hearing "where's my new phone", "this new phone sucks", "where's the upgrade for this phone 'cause I'm not going to return it even though it sucks", "P1 is never going to send out an upgrade, they suck", "this upgrade sucks", "anyone who thinks the upgrade doesn't suck, sucks".

    I like to come to this forum for helpful tips on how to resolve issues with my 650, find new apps to do things with on my 650, and discuss with others about how to better utilize the 650 and maybe share ideas I've found.

    It gets boring when someone hijacks a thread to spew sucka** messages... It's generally a waste of time and space.

    ....but I digressed and hijacked this one... so... If it wasn't already obvious, I'm glad I had my phone early, bugs, warts, and all.

    Good Luck to you!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    Not sure how to create a poll here - but I would love to see if people would rather have waited 4 extra months for palmone to release the 650 until all of the bugs were fixed or whether people can just be happy that they had 4 months of happiness with a slightly less than perfect treo.
    I don't follow... you ARE aware that there are dozens of major issues not yet resolved (or even addressed, for that matter) right?

    I guess you mean "until all of the bugs ARE fixed"?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Think of it this way: would you pay $600 today to beta test the 700, knowing that a stable ROM patch will be released in September, or would you rather not have the 700?
    IMO, when you spend that much money, the product shouldn't have all the bugs I read about. But I bought it anyway because it was the coolest small USA smartphone out there so far, LOL! Thanks to this forum, I know where I can research what to do with the bugs.

    But had I not been dreaming about the phone(LOL), I might have waited longer. Because in all honestly some consumer boards where users are average, not techies like here, gave this phone only fair, which made me wonder.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  16. Silver5's Avatar
    Posts
    529 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #16  
    I'm happy that they released it when they did, though I wish that I would have been able to have the GSM version back when the Sprint version came out. I am not having many problems with my Treo and thorougly enjoy having it. I can, of course, think of improvements but I think that this may be the best smartphone available right now...though the XDA Mini/I-Mate Jam makes that a bit less clear.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    Not sure how to create a poll here - but I would love to see if people would rather have waited 4 extra months for palmone to release the 650 until all of the bugs were fixed or whether people can just be happy that they had 4 months of happiness with a slightly less than perfect treo.
    i can't wait for another 4 months?! its freakin too long!!! hehe
    nah, am satisfied with the t650 as it is
    and am a gadget *****, i need my montly dose of new gadget
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  18. #18  
    I didnt have an option to wait. I got mine as an even swapout for the 600, so I ran with it and havent looked back since! Opportunity only knocks once!

    Sprint PCS user since 1999

    -=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  19. #19  
    Well lets put it this way. My 600 was/is running so smoothly, I ended up using it everyday instead of the 650. Fortunately, my company pays the 650 bills. Because (from a work standpoint) the two main reasons I use it, are the phone and email, the phone-voice quality was the main reason I wasn't using it daily. Now that the update has been applied, I am going to start using it daily and see how things work out. So, I guess I am in the camp of, "wish I would have waited"

    Frankly, I didn't want to mess with the problems. Not enough time in the day the way it is.

Posting Permissions