1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm a fresh user of Treo650. Like most people - I find it great. I used to use PalmOS based devices S320, T665C, T|T3,... I have some questions regarding Treo (OS version 5.4.5):

1. I've read somewhere that new palmOne handhelds doesn't require special software (like Card Export) to transfer data over USB. I've checked my old Card Export 2 and it doesn't work (USB error). How do I do that via regular OS?

2. I couldn't find delivery reports for SMS. Are they not present? If so - are there decent replacements (an alternative) for Phone and Messaging applications?

3. I used to use Silver Screen 3 as the default launcher (what I like in it most is the small icons desktop). Unfortunatelly SS3 doesn't display all important icons - network coverage, bluetooth icon, etc. Is there a decent launcher yet that fully supports Treo?

I'll appreciate any help regarding above.

Vojtek
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    1. I know that you can put a supported file type in the lower box labled "expansion card" on the quick install program and it goes to the card. (ie. music can be synced straight to the sd)

2. Not sure what you mean by "SMS delivery reports". If you mean a pop up and alert when an SMS comes in go to the preferences, sounds & alerts, messaging. Set the sound, volume, and vibrate. There are other apps to help. I have Butler.

3. I use zlauncher, but it does not display all of the system icons. So far I only have clock, battery, and signal.

Good luck with the Treo 650!
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  3.    #3  
    >1. I know that you can put a supported file type in the lower box labled
    >"expansion card" on the quick install program and it goes to the card. (ie.
    >music can be synced straight to the sd)

That is not what I meant. I've read somewhere that newer PalmOS devices works as UMS (USB Mass Storage) devices and expansion cards are being recognized by i.e. Windows XP as regular disk drive. Older PalmOS hardware needed special software (like CardExport).

>2. Not sure what you mean by "SMS delivery reports".

SMS delivery report is a network confirmation of successful delivery. If I send a SMS in my network and phone supports this protocol (99% phones do), I can get a report that message was successfuly received and stored on the destination phone. This is extremely useful. My network supports forced delivery reports (special characters at the begining of the message), but it would be more comfortable if Treo would support it as well.

>3. I use zlauncher, but it does not display all of the system icons. So far I
    >only have clock, battery, and signal.

If it's not working, maybe someone heard about some upcoming verison that would support Treo.

Thanks,
    Voytek

Good luck with the Treo 650![/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by vojtek11
    That is not what I meant. I've read somewhere that newer PalmOS devices works as UMS (USB Mass Storage) devices and expansion cards are being recognized by i.e. Windows XP as regular disk drive. Older PalmOS hardware needed special software (like CardExport).
    I believe it's T5 only, not Treo 650.
    Card Export 2 will work fine. THe older versions do not work with the 650.