Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i need to get my anger out as now i am very mad. here is my story. i purchase a used verizon treo 600 for $300. i am very happy as i have wanted this forever. a week later i find out the battery is defective. so i spend $50 to purchase a replacment battery. i replace the battery and i can still not make calls inside buildings (because some issue with power). so i bring it to a local phone trading store and i exchange my treo 600 (with the new $50 battery built in) and i pay 80 bucks to get a new treo 600. so i say cool this is gonan work. two weeks later which brings me up to today out of no where half of my screen turned blue. find out by doing a search that some verizon treos have bad LCD screens and SOMEHOW i get the bad treo again. i have no warrenty...nothing. now in order to fix my screen i guess its gonna be $100. so now iv invested $230 into a used treo 600 i first got for $300. how much you bet something else is going to go wrong within a month? as much as i love the treo 600....it sucks a lot.....what else can go wrong? whew it felt good to get all this flipping anger out
    Just sounds like a bad luck streak to me.. Things will turn around.. Just stick to your guns. If you want/like the phone, stick with it! It'll pass soon enough.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by emmagatorone
    Just sounds like a bad luck streak to me.. Things will turn around.. Just stick to your guns. If you want/like the phone, stick with it! It'll pass soon enough.
    i love the treo. iv already invested like a hundred dollars into games and apps. i hope this is the last problem i ever get with my treo!

what else can go wrong w a T600? Speaker phone echo, spots appearing on the screen, flickering backlights.
    Too bad you didn't just go with the 650. For what you've got invested in the 600, you could have it, and with the updates starting to roll out, everyone seems a lot happier these days.
    I've had my Treo 600 for 4 days and took it back, got my money as per the agreement. You made me feel like I made a good choice! hehehehe
    The 600 is great, and I am sorry to hear of your problems. Anytime mine has had a big problem, tmobile exchanged it for me for free. I jusH
    <c>Searching for happiness. 33 pdas later I find the GSM Treo 600. Now Ebayers love my pdas. I love my Treo...
    Good example of why you often benefit from buying a phone new from a corporate store. It may cost a little extra, but at least there's someone to back it up when something goes wrong.
    Tell me about it. I just went to hotsynch my treo and wham it did a hard reset. Everything I've put in over the last couple weeks is gone. Moral to the story, be careful when you do a hotsync and consider doing it everyday. I'm screwed.

Overall, though I am fairly happy with this device.
    This might sound obvious to some and not to others.

I suggest you can a good backup app like BackupMan (that's what I use- $10)or BackupBuddy.

If you ever have to do a hard reset or it crashes you can restore your entire device with on step.
    I have mine backup everynight at 3 am automatically.
    Of course you'll need an SD card.

FWIW I have my original Sprint Treo 600 since Oct 2003 and won't upgrade to the 650 until it's stolen, I loose it, or it just breaks.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    FWIW I have my original Sprint Treo 600 since Oct 2003 and won't upgrade to the 650 until it's stolen, I loose it, or it just breaks.
    LOL
    Feeling's mutual.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I'll 2nd the BackupMan advice. Gotta be the best $10.00 purchase anywhere! i put the trial in a few days ago as I was having battery drain problems on my 600 and they ordered me a replacement. Ran BackupMan, went to the store, got my phone and went to the car. Popped my card in , and about a minute and a half later was fully restored.
  13.    #13  
    great i found out that a new screen for the treo is 80 bucks. so now i could have purchased a sprint treo 650 and converted it to verizon all for even less than what i have invested which will be $510. this is real BS. i expected that PalmOne would have good quality
    Well, it's kind of hard to know how the quality from Palm One is when you constantly buy second hand or from questionable sources.

If you would have bought directly from Verizon, it would have been $200 (unless you are still in contract) and it would have been backed by Verizon.

I've had my 600 from Verizon since the day it came out and haven't had a single issue.
  15. seh
    Before replacing the screen, I would contact Verizon and ask them why they made you pay for a replacement treo only to provide you with another defective one. Because you paid for it, shouldn't there be some sort of warranty/exchange policy?

My approach is to always be very nice about these things, but after a couple of tries, I get more, eh, persuasive. The sale of defective merchandise is unlawful. My guess is that if you receive no satisfaction from them after trying nicely, a call to your Bureau of Consumer Affairs/Better Business Bureau may apply the added pressure you need.
  16.    #16  
    got it used so no warrenty :/
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Feeling's mutual.
    I concur. Even with the NVFS patch it's still apparently a huge loss of memory from the Treo 600, just not as huge as before.

When's the Treo 700 due to be released? That will probably be the device that prys my T600 from my cold dead hands....
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    You went to a phone trading store. Was this a Verizon store?
    So they switched your phone with another. I'm assuming this was a refurbished unit and would carry a basic warranty of some some length. I'd go back and ask to speak to the manager.
    I agree w/Joad - I'll be ready for the T700. If they do a Oct release, we're only 7 mos. away.
    so for the time being we remain Treo 600 loyalists.
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 03/26/2005 at 10:02 AM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    You went to a phone trading store. Was this a Verizon store?
    So they switched your phone with another. I'm assuming this was a refurbished unit and would carry a basic warranty of some some length. I'd go back and ask to speak to the manager.
    it wasnt a verizon store. it was just a little in the corner cell phone shop that sold cell phones and all. this person also sold parts and flashed my bros sprint 650 to verizon network. it was him where i gave him 80 bucks and my treo. the device from him fixed the battery problem....but not the screen problem. this is such a drag
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast