Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Smartmovie and Mac: How does this combo work? any Special settigns needed?
    thanks
    I'm not sure there is a SmartMovie Converter for Mac.
    In this multimedia area is a thread called "3gp format..."

adamwest has a link to a little program that converts all sorts of formats to what the treo (or psp!) needs in one "drag it over the icon" pass.

Im converting all sorts of bit torrent stuff,etc., i love the quality (i can read the word "exclusive" from the video itself, its about 3/16" wide as a word and chystal clear, and you have random access to the middle of shows (the player is the treo camera/video player already on the machine)

this is a solution to try if you dont have much time or feel dumb about the complexity

(this solution seems to do everything but unencrypt protected off-the shelf dvd movie disks) randy
    Can someone point me to HandBrake. I've searched ALL OVER. Oh and does this work w/Windows OS (the methods) or can I not use this with Windows?
    HandBrake is Mac only
    I use PocketDVD, mmplayer, and this program called pocektdivxencoder to sync them up. Works great! I was frustrated at first because my videos would skip and the audio sync was horrible. but after using that pocketdivxencoder to sync it was perfect!

Some clarification:
    Rip the movie with PocketDVD
    Run it through PocketDivXEncoder (1-2 mins)
    Transfer file to SD card
    Play with mmPlayer
  7. cwb
    jandrion: what version of pocketivx and settings are you using for treo650. thanks
    PocketDivXEncoder ver 0.3.50 (free) is used simply to synch the file created by Pocket DVD.

PocketDVD 3.0 settings:Audio, 24bit, 22khz, mono. Video 20fps, Xvid Codec
    I just tried smartplayer and found it doesn't have persistant pause support. I'd like to be able to load up a movie, watch half of it, bookmark it, and watch the rest a few hours or days later.
    Quote Originally Posted by agit-prop
    I just tried smartplayer and found it doesn't have persistant pause support. I'd like to be able to load up a movie, watch half of it, bookmark it, and watch the rest a few hours or days later.
    Are you talking about SmartMovie? If so, the is an Option setting that returns the movie to the last place you were watching automatically when you launch SmartMovie.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    http://www.lonelycatgames.com/

I will say, although I think the program is great, there have been a couple of guys that have had trouble getting the unlock key to work. There is information on their website about this.
    Hey John,
    I was the guy you patiently tried to help with the registration problems with Smart Movie, which I finally got resolved! The issue was and for anyone buying it in the future, the hotsync id you give for registration IS case-sensitive. I didnt capitalize my hotsync id first and last name so it didnt work. I finally asked lonelycatgames.com if that could be the issue and they said it was and gave a new registration key. Smartmovie has worked fabulous since, and I use the same settings John has recommended. Excellent video solution.

Rinkeedink
    I'm currently comparing MMPlayer and pocketdivx encoder to kinoma player and nero recode. I should know in about an hour after I finish encoding with nero.

Smart Movie didn't work well for me and was very lacking in video quality compared to MMPlayer. MMPlayer also could jump between scenes using the slider control much better than Smart Movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I'm currently comparing MMPlayer and pocketdivx encoder to kinoma player and nero recode. I should know in about an hour after I finish encoding with nero.

Smart Movie didn't work well for me and was very lacking in video quality compared to MMPlayer. MMPlayer also could jump between scenes using the slider control much better than Smart Movie.

For me, the quality of SmartMovie has been better than MMPlayer. Plus, I have not had to mess with the audio snyc at all. And the third, I get file sizes down to around 150mb so I can carry more with me when I travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink
    Hey John,
    I was the guy you patiently tried to help with the registration problems with Smart Movie, which I finally got resolved! The issue was and for anyone buying it in the future, the hotsync id you give for registration IS case-sensitive. I didnt capitalize my hotsync id first and last name so it didnt work. I finally asked lonelycatgames.com if that could be the issue and they said it was and gave a new registration key. Smartmovie has worked fabulous since, and I use the same settings John has recommended. Excellent video solution.

Rinkeedink

I'm glad you finally got it resolved. I know it about drove you crazy.
    I use mmplayer and I use it every day. I download TV Shows and convert them to watch on my train commute using virtualdubmod and avisynth.

Don't forget the 650 can play MPEG's out of the box for free, and TMPGEnc is a free MPEG encoder.

As I've said in the past, there are numerous guides out there to every program, but despite that, it is a lot to learn. I am thinking about doing a 650 MPEG guide, but it would seem weird since I don't regularly use that method myself.
    I think that I'm going to settle in with Kinoma Player EX and Nero Recode. The video quality is the best of anything that I've tried so far and the audio is always in sync.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12