1.    #1  
    I searched and found no results.

If I power off while the camera is active, the device totally locks and needs a soft reset. Does anyone else have this problem?

My phone is a Cingular-branded and locked.

Man, I do not really want to swap for ANOTHER one - my first one had one dead pixel so I exchanged it and have been VERY happy except for the odd camera behavior.
  2.    #2  
    No one else has this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    No one else has this problem?
    Not I. I've only had my 650 for just over a month, but I certainly have turned it off while it was in both camera mode for photos and also while it was in camera mode for video.

Here's a question for you, was it in the process of recording a video when you powered it down? ...I wonder if that impacts it negatively?

Good luck with it.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD
    Not I. I've only had my 650 for just over a month, but I certainly have turned it off while it was in both camera mode for photos and also while it was in camera mode for video.

Here's a question for you, was it in the process of recording a video when you powered it down? ...I wonder if that impacts it negatively?

Good luck with it.
    Nope. I discovered this while taking a bunch of photos. It sounds like a hardware/rom(?) defect of some sort.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    My unlocked GSM Treo 650 does not have this problem... *yet*.
    My problem is not that so much as when I try to use the camera, any botton I go to is blacked out. I can still take a picture with the center button, but most times the treo crashes. The zoom works. Just can't see it. When I try to go to the gallery it crashes. Mine is GSM Locked 650. Haven't seen anything about this particular issue. I've had the phone for a couple of months and have done hard resets and still no fix. It was ok last night after messing with it. but while in the gallery, it crashed. Any ideas anyone?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked GSM. I've installed BrightCam and notice that if I power down while in camera mode, when I turn it back on, the Camera application comes up stuck in a white screen. No reset required, I just go to a different app, then I can return to Camera.
    I'd look ar software issues before hardware. if you haven't already, do a hard reset ans see if the problem still occurs.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Are you saving your pictures to the sd card or to the camera? When I save to my sd card I notice that it gets really slow. It looks like it is locking up, but after 5-10 seconds it's ok. I think I might just have a slower sd card, I have one of the ultra 2 1GBs on the way from the costco deal. When i save to the internal memory, everything's as snappy as before. I may also have too many pictures in the one album on the sd card, over 200 from the 600, it may be trying to make the thumbnail.
  10.    #10  
    Hmmm...

It seems to be some sort of odd incompatibility with PXA Clocker.

If I turn PXA Clocker off, it works fine. Note that his is true even if PXA Clocker is set to the normal speed of 312 MHz with no apps accelerated.

Okay, so now I have to ask any users of PXA Clocker to check this out, please. Meantime, I will let the PXA Clocker folks know about this.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Hmmm...

It seems to be some sort of odd incompatibility with PXA Clocker.

If I turn PXA Clocker off, it works fine. Note that his is true even if PXA Clocker is set to the normal speed of 312 MHz with no apps accelerated.

Okay, so now I have to ask any users of PXA Clocker to check this out, please. Meantime, I will let the PXA Clocker folks know about this.
    For better response to this now identifed specific problem I'd like to close this thread -I'll start a new one.
    Last edited by westronic; 03/26/2005 at 03:34 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I'd look ar software issues before hardware. if you haven't already, do a hard reset ans see if the problem still occurs.
    Thanks, I finally did a hard reset and discovered the software error - see the above posts. I started a new thread (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=79349) to discuss the apparent conflict with PXA Clocker.