Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I tried to take mine back to Sprint and they said they would not replace it since I didn't have insurance. This phone is only 8 months old... I guess I will try Palm. Anyone else had luck getting a new one with Sprint? These resets are sooo annoying!
    You might try to call Sprint and get a tech to flag your phone for replacement. That way when you go to the store, the rep will see the flag on your account and hopefully not give to a hard time.

Mine was replaced for this error via the method above. It was 1-year old at the time and while I have insurance, they did not charge me a deductible so I don't know if the insurance was invoked.
    don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the latest Sprint firmware update (1.13a) has fixed the chunk over-locked resets for me. out of the blue I started getting this error like many others on this thread. mine literally reset every 5 or 10 minutes give or take. after the ROM update, I haven't had a chunk over-locked reset for a few DAYS now. worth a try for whoever's still getting these. I really didn't want to trade my unit in for a refurb since it is in perfect condition. glad I put it off now.
    -- berto
    Quote Originally Posted by bertopl
    don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the latest Sprint firmware update (1.13a) has fixed the chunk over-locked resets for me. out of the blue I started getting this error like many others on this thread. mine literally reset every 5 or 10 minutes give or take. after the ROM update, I haven't had a chunk over-locked reset for a few DAYS now. worth a try for whoever's still getting these. I really didn't want to trade my unit in for a refurb since it is in perfect condition. glad I put it off now.
    This was my experience, as well, after the Cingular 1.17 update. My resets are few and far between, like one per month, and usually attributable to "user error," like trying to detonate a terrorist's explosive vest while checking my email. (Oops, that was Jack Bauer on "24", not me.) Come to think of it, he had to reset his Treo 650 while trying to blow up that guy.
    Hi guyz, just to let you know... I had the overchunk error for abotu 2 weeks... resets from 5 times a day to 20 times a day... most of them where mmnotify but also other applications listed... In the time when it begun I installed only the new tomtom6 applications. Nothing else... So the first think I did I uninstalled it... but no luck... still the same with the resets... then I did a hard reset... installed only the launcherX application and nothing else. for about 6 hours no reset... then I found that I dont know who is calling me as I havent restored my phone list. So I did it. I installed the Agendus Premiere and my contact list from one of my becups. And in about 5 minutes the first reset... in the next minute another one... So I have uninstalled the agendus. and another reset... I posted about the issue on one czech board and a guy replayed that he had the same issue and it was caused by filling all the contacts information through agendus. And I realized I did the same. As the new tomtom can navigate to the address from the contacts info I filled a lot of people with addresses...

So I deleted A LOT of old contacts and all those with the addresses... Reinstalled agendus, tomtom and a few other applications... and now it is about 72 hours with only one reset - but caused by TomTom... and it was not a overchung error...

So maybe my issue was a bit different then yours, but it was the line:2659... so....

its just FYI

Best Regards

Jan
    Sorry to revive this from the dead, but these resets are killing me and I am just getting no help from Sprint support. So, it sounds like the only true solution is replacing it. Did anyone else have a definitive solution? Also, if I had insurance, would they replace it with a newer model or do they still have plenty of Treo 650s? I sure would like a 700 p or 700 wx.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345