Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Wish there was a way to force this to happen with just the built-in apps, so they couldn't cop out behind blaming the third party apps. Or a bloody memory diagnostic tool.
    Could RLock have caused the over-locking issue? I installed it and then started experiencing the resets? Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    Could RLock have caused the over-locking issue? I installed it and then started experiencing the resets? Just a thought.
    RLock made my Treo more stable but even that was not powerful enough to overcome the hardware problem with my memory. Are you getting the error in the thread subject and if so, how often?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I had my Treo 650 replaced, and the overlock problem is gone. I still get the occasional reboot, but those are more software issues I think.
    I just started getting this problem out of the blue over the weekend.. I didnt add any software to the Treo and dont know why this is happening.

First it was blaming VOICE DIAL which I deleted out. Now it seems to have stopped although it did say MMNotify once as well.

Will have to wait and see. My treo has been acting funny gfor mo ths. SOmetimes it wont reccognie the SD card and then out of the bluwe it beeps are rcognizes it.

If you return to Sprint, is there a time limit??? ?Mine is one of the 1st 650s out there.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    I just started getting this problem out of the blue over the weekend.. I didnt add any software to the Treo and dont know why this is happening.

First it was blaming VOICE DIAL which I deleted out. Now it seems to have stopped although it did say MMNotify once as well.

Will have to wait and see. My treo has been acting funny gfor mo ths. SOmetimes it wont reccognie the SD card and then out of the bluwe it beeps are rcognizes it.

If you return to Sprint, is there a time limit??? ?Mine is one of the 1st 650s out there.

Mike
    Unless you have insurance, you have a 1-yr warranty. So you have about a month left. Take it back - there's no way to fix this problem.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I was getting the error. Sprint replaced my Treo 650 and now no more problems. Definitely get a new one.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Unless you have insurance, you have a 1-yr warranty. So you have about a month left. Take it back - there's no way to fix this problem.
    I agree. I had exactly the same problems (chunk overlock errors, erratic SD card behavior) and eventually took the unit in to be replaced under warranty. I've only had the replacement a day, but so far so good.....
    Palm Vx -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p
    I've had the memorymgr.c problem for months. I even sent my phone back to palm for warenty and they sent it back with new plastic shells but phone still had random restart problems (I'm not even sure what, or if they even did anything).

Last week I was fed up and thought I'd give the 1.43 firmware (and sw 1.14) a try.

This phone has been rock solid ever since then. I haven't had any random reboots at all. ZERO reboots (and it's been just about 1 week since the fw flash)

BTW i've kept my phone at a hardreset status ever since i've been experience these memorymgr.c problems. So you can't say I had problems due to programs i've installed.
    Interesting. I'm having the same issue but the error is on line 2579 and I don't have ChatterMail installed. I have been using SnapperMail for a long time without issue.

Could this issue be related to running the Treo with low amounts of free memory? Is it possible we're masking the solution by uninstalling apps? Perhaps the free memory is what is solving the issue rather than the removal of the 3rd party app?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLoveHate
    Interesting. I'm having the same issue but the error is on line 2579...Could this issue be related to running the Treo with low amounts of free memory?
    My error was also line 2579 and it wasn't due to low memory because it would happen even with only one app loaded and running in the background (e.g., Chatter, although it wasn't specific to Chatter,). Also, with my full software setup but a new phone I'm no longer getting the error.
    Palm Vx -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p
    I was getting that error, and I just couldn't figure it out, other than the fact that I would often get a soft reset when hanging up on a call, or when taking my phone off of the sync cradle, both the Palm cradle and my newer Seidio cradle. When I ran Crash, I would get that Chunck 2579 error. For some reason, I began to suspect Keyguard + Time and/or TakePhone, because of the consistent time of the resets. Since I have downloaded and installed the latest free updates to these programs (Keguard + Time 5.1) and TakePhone build 095, I have not had a single reset and my Sony HBH300 bluetooth headset stays paired. No resets in four days now on Cingular 1.15 firmware 01.31. Many of you use these programs on the same set up as me, give it a try. If you're getting this error, it's a pain in the neck and you have nothing to loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by beergeek
    My guess is that this is either an error in some software I have installed or combination of software installed. Here's what I have installed -- let's compare to see if we have any duplicates:

Snappermail
    Initiate
    Treoguard
    2Day / 4Cast / 4Stocks
    TakePhone
    Backupman
    Bonsai
    Documents To Go
    KeyGuard Time +
    Note Pad
    Voice Memo
    Splash ID
    Verichat

Running on the Sprint 1.08 ROM.

Installed but disabled (moved to card):
    Butler
    Profiles
    I noticed you use Keyguard and TakePhone. Try updating Keyguard + Time to version 5.1 and TakePhone to build 095. This solved my "Chunck" problems, and I haven't had a reset in a long time. (like four or five days, not one since I updated). I'm starting to forget what those resets felt like all of the time.
    I got this message in Crashpro...

MemoryMgr.c Line: 3751, Free handle

I got the firmware 1.13 because its an unlocked GSM...

Anyone have any ideas? Different line to everyone else's, it occurs everytime I go into the Phone application :S

This doesn't happen if I do a warm reset and at least temporarily goes away on a hard reset. Any ideas? It is definitely an app related problem? Or should I be getting it sent back?

377 said it was caused by zLauncher, so I uninstalled Zlauncher and it happened again but this time by "unknown application" ?

Also got "Fatal exception" by the phone app after text messaging
    Last edited by Yautja_cetanu; 12/22/2005 at 07:30 PM.
    I just started getting this the past few days.... resets about 5 times a day after being very stable for sometime. I haven't added any new apps... very frustrating

Sprint 1.12
    Started experiencing the chunck over-locked 2679 error (resets with Phone Off) on a frequent basis. I used the 'Crash' program to log the error. I convinced Sprint to exchange it out (no small feat). Restored the exact same set of software back. No errors since. How can this issue *not* be hardware?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yautja_cetanu
    Or should I be getting it sent back?

377 said it was caused by zLauncher, so I uninstalled Zlauncher and it happened again but this time by "unknown application" ?

Also got "Fatal exception" by the phone app after text messaging
    I had that problem for a month and tried everything under the sun.
    SEND IT BACK, period.

Good luck.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by paulclif
    Started experiencing the chunck over-locked 2679 error (resets with Phone Off) on a frequent basis. I used the 'Crash' program to log the error. I convinced Sprint to exchange it out (no small feat). Restored the exact same set of software back. No errors since. How can this issue *not* be hardware?
    This summerizes my experience as well. Take it back, your memory (hardware) has gone bad.
    Is it possible to get a new Treo for this crap? (warranty)
    i've recently been experiencing a similiar reset issues at least 3-4(sometimes 6-8 !) times a day for the last few weeks now , and it always happens when the phone is inactive and i turn the screen on, every time. my error is this:

" a reset was caused on xx/xx/xx at xx:xx am/pm while running "phone" ,
    MemoryMgr.c Line 3771 , Free handle "

what does this mean? i havent added anything new to my phone,and i've browsed through this thread and didnt see anyone with the same error #,any help would be appreciated....thanks.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast