Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    came across this nifty li'l app while sufing today... not sure if it's been discussed before. attatching the prc file.... mods pls remove it if it isn't supposed to be attached like this.

description:
    Sometimes we all need to search for bluetooth devices in out proximity. May it be for reasons of personal interest (has that chick got BT on) or for evil-minded cracking(lets bluesnarf our teacher), one always needs to find the devices that are close to you. The traditional apporach for Palm OS bluetooth finding is via the prefs panel-open the prefs panel, bluetooth and then start to add a new trusted device. Voila, all devices are shown. This is fine if you do it once a month-but if you need it once a day, it can get annoying. Volia, enter Discovery!
    This 10k program was developed by Palmsource as a bluetooth sample program and can be obtained from their website for free.

link: Tam Hanna's Palm OS Blog

screenshots:

http://img112.exs.cx/img112/6520/dis...00004oc.th.jpg http://img112.exs.cx/img112/6921/dis...00015tv.th.jpg

don't flame me if it's already been discussed... i did try a search first
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by viper_; 03/30/2005 at 10:59 AM.
    I'll try it out. Not bad if it's fast and it works.
    What program do people use for chatting over bluetooth?
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisW
    What program do people use for chatting over bluetooth?
    bluejacking is one thing...toothing is another. Does anyone do it? are there apps for it?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Viper,

Nice find! Very cool app.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigG65
    Nice find! Very cool app.
    thanks... felt like a handy app, so thought i'd share!

Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    bluejacking is one thing...toothing is another. Does anyone do it? are there apps for it?
    there is an app which seems that it ought to fit the bill, but the download's broken and couldn't find anything similar anywhere either. there are apps that do this exact thing on ppc's... but why someone would need an app to chat with someone just 10-20 feet away from them is beyond me! on the other hand, it could be quite a fun app to use in the office .

edit: oops... forgot to post the link... it's broken anyways.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/communic...bluechat.shtml
    Last edited by viper_; 03/30/2005 at 10:07 AM.
    would it be possilbe to discover someones bt headset and somehow listen to the conversation(if they are on the phone)? just something i thought about
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    no it wouldn't be possible.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    would it be possilbe to discover someones bt headset and somehow listen to the conversation(if they are on the phone)? just something i thought about

dude... u gotta pair them first! even if there was anyway to get them paired, the sound when transferred cannot go to two headsets. in short... nope, can't be done. love the way ur mind works though .
  10.    #10  
    hey franko... u heard of bluesnarfing yet?
    yeah i just read about it. thats what happened to paris(like i know her right)

i was watching a program where some college kids basically did this but on a large scale, with more power and better range.

OOOOOHHH yeah, sorry 4 the newbie question

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    yeah i just read about it. thats what happened to paris(like i know her right)
    Not quite what happened to her...but the principal is the same.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    i read the page on bluesnarfing and they said people "hack" into your phone get your contacts and such. isnt that what happened to Paris? i just heard of it briefly so forgive me

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    i read the page on bluesnarfing and they said people "hack" into your phone get your contacts and such. isnt that what happened to Paris? i just heard of it briefly so forgive me
    No. First of all, she has a SideKick, which does not have BT.

Sidekicks store contact info on a server. In a nutshell, someone managed to break into her T-Mo account and get the info off the server.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15.    #15  
    yupp... insertion's got his facts right.
    Dam i luv technology

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Yeah, but technology can be a b@#$% when it bites you in the @$$.
    Quote Originally Posted by dansamy
    Yeah, but technology can be a b@#$% when it bites you in the @$$.

I don't think Paris minds the biting in the @$$ part.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  19.    #19  
    hehehe.... that, and a few other things
    bump
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast