Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Do I understand correctly that no one should be able to break into my 650 via BT and start screwing around without me pairing with it first? It seems other posts have suggested that people can connect without your permission... any clarification for the mildly-moderately paranoid?
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Do I understand correctly that no one should be able to break into my 650 via BT and start screwing around without me pairing with it first? It seems other posts have suggested that people can connect without your permission... any clarification for the mildly-moderately paranoid?
    The only thing they can do unless they are paired is send you contacts. Even then, you have to have Bluetooth turned on and have it set to Discoverable for them to even connect to you.

In sort: leave "discoverable" in the Bluetooth menu off and you are safe.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    No you don't understand correctly. Which post led you to beleive that someone could "break into" your 650?
  4.    #24  
    yupp... leave discoverable turned off and nobody will know that u even exist (in bluetooth world i.e.).

for ur gk - do u guys know when or how bluejacking really started? nope... thought so

i don't think i have my facts wrong but do correct me if i am.... it all started about when SE came out with T610. i ought to know coz i got it as soon as it was out and used to check the esato forum (what treocentral is for treo, esato is for SE phones) daily. one user did this to a guy with a nokia (as a ppc is to palm lovers, nokia is to SE lovers) and posted how much fun he had.... and then it went on to become a wild craze. the forum was full of bluejacking stories and it took me over a week before i found my first 'victim'.. and boy, was i happy or what

so guys, that was how it all started.... thought i'd share
    Thanks for this app. This is fun at airports.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash!
    The only thing they can do unless they are paired is send you contacts. Even then, you have to have Bluetooth turned on and have it set to Discoverable for them to even connect to you.

In sort: leave "discoverable" in the Bluetooth menu off and you are safe.
    Thanks.
    I found a live link to the bluechat program that is referenced earlier. Can anyone let me know if it works, I only have one treo to play with.

http://pdassi.de/product.php?prod_id=4023
    I tried out the BTChat app... couple problems with trying to use it for bluejacking. First, it has to be installed on both bluetooth devices, not exactly effective for the random guy on the subway.

Second, on the two 650s i tried it on anyway, whenever i try to connect or set to recieve mode it gives me an error.

I did find a program that automates the "send a contact as a message" process.

Instead of making a contact with your message, then Send Message, then by Bluetooth, then Find Nearby Devices, THEN FINALLY sending it. you just set your message and tell this program to scan and it automatically finds and sends.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/communic...ingpoint.shtml

the GUI is kind of clunky

BEST SETTING: Select Channel: ALL
    Then set your message
    In the Search menu select the "shifter" UP to TR, this sets it to Transmit only, makes the program run faster.. have fun!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    bluesniffing is really fun to do in movie theatres. I was bored while waiting for a movie to start and saw a few phones and was able to send some very explicit pictures to them. (this was pre my 650 though). I forgot how exactly i did it, but it was really simple. I dont know if they accepted the files or not, but they certainly sent from my end.

imagine walking out of a movie and seeing a big fat phallus on your screen. that'd jar even the biggest of perverts.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12