1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I just received a new unlocked GSM Treo 650. I have NO reset problems, no freezes, no delays... In short, the the PDA functions work great. I cannot say that of the phone. There is cracking, hissing and just quite a bit of static when I'm on calls. The other party tells me it sounds like I'm underwater. Now my callers are sounding that way to me too. This problem happens wherever I am.

It's not my T-Mobile service because I've popped the SIM into my iMate JAM and I don't have that problem. This was also not a problem when I used a Sprint PCS branded Treo 650.

Does anyone know of a fix for this or do I have to return it to Palm One? I'd hate to return it only to end up with one of those resetting ones. It is getting quite frustrating though; and I need the phone functions very much.
    David
    Welcome to the unlocked Treo 650 GSM.

I had three unlocked 650's and all of them had low volume, static and hissing. If you need to use it as a phone for the majority of the time, you are out of luck !!

I am now using a Siemens SX 66. It is a GSM smartphone that can be used as a PHONE. Who would of thought !!
    If you can, you may want to try to hold on until the GSM version of the update comes out. It fixed a lot of voice issues on the Sprint phones.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NDPTAL85
    If you can, you may want to try to hold on until the GSM version of the update comes out. It fixed a lot of voice issues on the Sprint phones.
    I suppose I'll have to stick it out until there is an update. However, I found it interesting that the PalmOne sales person told me the phone has problems, but the one I was complaining about was not one he had heard before.
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    Welcome to the unlocked Treo 650 GSM.

I had three unlocked 650's and all of them had low volume, static and hissing. If you need to use it as a phone for the majority of the time, you are out of luck !!

I am now using a Siemens SX 66. It is a GSM smartphone that can be used as a PHONE. Who would of thought !!

As you scan the posts here, you will quickly discover the T650 is a VERY marginal phone for many users. Hated to go back to two devices, but...
    \/
    \/
    \/
    Cingular T650
    ...now back to Motorola and a Zire 72!
    Hopefully you have a trial period.
    It always seemed to me the delays are almost non existant when the phone is new or freshly hard-reset. After a few calls the delays appear and keep getting longer and longer. Has this been your experience?
    What are you guys talking about mine and many others on the board T650s work PERFECT with "NO PROBLEMS"

"They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur