1.    #1  
    What is the best checkbook..banking type application for the treo 650?....i have found ultrasoft money...but is there any alternatives?
    Pocket Quicken
    www.landware.com
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Splash Money is pretty good too. I use Ultrasoft Money and really like it but the ability of Splash Money to download transactions wireless is tempting me to switch...anybody have any feedback on Splash Money?
    I personally have had tons of problems with Pocket Quicken, It never synced right with the desktop Quicken and I would randomly lose entries. I don't think they update nearly as often as they should and they are pricey. I am thinking about trying Splash Money. I hope someone can let us know if they have any significant gripes with Splash Money. Hey buirus, we are neighbors. I am in Dana Point.
    SplashMoney is new and (like all Splash products) well supported. There is a desktop (pc only) software that syncs with the palm app. You can go online to download txns from either the desktop ot palm - or import ofx and qif files. I think they have a trial period so it might make sense to try it out.

A yahoo user group exists, and the Splash developers are active and attentive to customer ideas and issues. I've never used the other money management products, but as a rule if the developer pays attention to the customers' needs you get good products in the long run.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    stringbeanie:

Hello neighbor! Life is pretty good in our neck of the woods huh???

Have you tried Ultrasoft Money? It works very well for me with my desktop MS Money. I wish it had the wireless update feature of Splash Money though? And I wish Splash Money would integrate with MS Money. I am not sure why they wont do this? When I asked the developer they said that they wanted to push people towards using their desktop client instead of Money or Quicken. This makes no sense to me unless they are truly planning on entering the desktop money management software business. I doubt this very much and even if they were, I don't think they could compete with Money or Quicken. The marketing dollars involved alone would be too much for a small company. So by not integrating with Money or Quicken I think Splash is actually limiting their market.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    SplashMoney is new and (like all Splash products) well supported. There is a desktop (pc only) software that syncs with the palm app.
    Does it sync with MS Money? or does it have it's own PC software?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I use a checkbook register excel spreadsheet. I like it.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    If you use MS Money on the desktop, use Ultrasoft Money. It is flawless. I have been using for 4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13
    If you use MS Money on the desktop, use Ultrasoft Money. It is flawless. I have been using for 4 years.
    ditto!!!!!!
    I looked at Ultrasoft Money. Without online activities, I didn't se emuch use for it. Almost all my transactions are electronic anymore.

Like someone said. .. I wish either Ultrasoft added on-line features, or Splash synced with MS Money !!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    amen brother!!!! I asked Ultrasoft about this on their wish list forum and strangely enough my post we deleted, probably because I mentioned Splash Money's ability to wireless synch with accounts.

I dont get it. It just makes sense for Ultrasoft to add wireless synch and why the heck would Splash want to force people to use their desktop app? No doubt it cant be as full featured as Quicken or Money. Splash is really alienating a lot us potential users.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    MyCheckbook is the best thing on the market out here. I've been using this since it was first written and it keeps getting BETTER and BETTER. Plus....ITS FREE!!!!

http://www.thequickster.com/products/index.htm

The guy who wrote it is very cool and has responded to different emails I've sent him in the past. This is the most practical program I have on my pda and this is usually the first program I beam to friends who are new to the Palm world.
    ~Steve
    Get @ me