1.    #1  
    I'm getting mixed messages from Cingular. I bought a package called "PDA Unlimited" or something and thought that was email and web. But now I'm hearing that my email comes under text messages.

Which is it? Where are my emails accumulated? Under "Text Messaging" or "PDA Connect Unlimited".

I know this is probably should be answered by Cingular but I've gotten two different answers.
    don't listen to them...it is all data
    one clarification:

if you are referring to the email address of the phone that could fall under text messages.
    If you're talking about using POP and IMAP and retriving mail using the data service (the green arrow deal) then its accumulating in the data service. Unless you have text messages coming or going, its all in the data service.
    One way you can be sure is register on their web site to view your bill and current usage online. You should be able to see if you're racking up SMS (text messages) or racking up kbps (data.)
    If you're using a Treo with Versamail, Chattermail, XpressMail, Snappermail or any other POP or IMAP email program, then this is 100% data. Just like being on the internet via broadband at home/work/school. You can tell it's using data because the phone will have to connect to GPRS to establish the internet connection and you'll see the pop up message (with handshaking icon) indicating you're connecting to GPRS. All GPRS(including EDGE) traffic is part of your PDA unlimited data plan.

If you're using the "Messaging" application built in to treo, this is using SMS text messages or MMS (multimedia message.) This are used primarily for sending instant message directly to other phones. The exception is that you can send an email to 1XXXXXXXXXX@mobile.mycingular.com OR XXXXXXXXXX@mms.mycingular.com to email a text message or MMS message to your phone, and it's recieved as a text message in the 'messaging' application. THe phone does not need to connect to GPRS to send SMS or MMS in and out.

The point is, if you're using text messages it'll be pretty obvious and ALL SMS or MMS messages are handled by the 'messaging' application exclusively.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    One thing I find annoying is that when I use the "Send Page Address" function in Blazer, it drops me into Messaging with the URL in a text message - I can't seem to find any way to have it drop me into my default Email application instead.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    One thing I find annoying is that when I use the "Send Page Address" function in Blazer, it drops me into Messaging with the URL in a text message - I can't seem to find any way to have it drop me into my default Email application instead.
    That is annoying. I should ask SnapperMail to register themselves as a messaging program as well so you can select it as your default messaging program for this very reason.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  8.    #8  
    Thanks all. I was referring to using POP mail. Looks like it will be under my unlimited data plan.

Thanks