Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1.    #1  
    is there any way shadowmite can make more custom roms based around the 1.08 update. i want the memory upgrade but i dont want to give up DUN, notepad, voicememo etc.
  2. #2  
    You can just add notepad, voicememo and DUN to the RAM, and still have more memory than you did before.

    It is unlikley he will be able to pull off the new ROM, since it has not been released as an indepednet file, but part of an update packager. Without hte ROM image, it would be hard, but also may be pointless. The whole point in the custom ROM"s was to free up RAM memory. Well now you have freed up RAM memory with the update, so why need the hacked ROM's?
  3. #3  
    Wow. SailRace, you're not updated to the current situation. There will be a SM 1.08 Rom in the future, they are working on it now and have actually already combined the multiple zip files and have all files from the ROM update extracted. I was actually working on the same approach using pkzipfix and combining the multiple .pdb zip files, but decided to just go with the official 1.08 update instead of dissecting the header.

    See http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=316 for the current information and progress.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Bender
    is there any way shadowmite can make more custom roms based around the 1.08 update. i want the memory upgrade but i dont want to give up DUN, notepad, voicememo etc.
    You can still have the DUN with the 1.08 firmware, I do. Instead of the DUN being placed in ROM you simply have to copy it to RAM from a SD card using FileZ.

    See http://www.shadowmite.com/HowToDUN.html for directions.

    http://shadowmite.com/BtManager.patched.prc for the CDMA patched version, and http://shadowmite.com/BtManager.gsm-dun.prc for the GSM patched version.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    You can just add notepad, voicememo and DUN to the RAM, and still have more memory than you did before.

    It is unlikley he will be able to pull off the new ROM, since it has not been released as an indepednet file, but part of an update packager. Without hte ROM image, it would be hard, but also may be pointless. The whole point in the custom ROM"s was to free up RAM memory. Well now you have freed up RAM memory with the update, so why need the hacked ROM's?
    Specifically: Remove RealPlayer, Remove Versamail, Remove Get BC, install Snappermail to ROM, install various other applications to ROM such as KBLightsOff, TreoHelper, etc.

    Basically, allow for customization of the 1.08 ROM that was so popular with the 1.03 ROM. Why eat up RAM when you can remove applications that are not used in ROM and add items that are in RAM and taking up space to ROM.

    With available memory being so valuable anything one can do to allocate more RAM would be a move in the right direction.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Specifically: Remove RealPlayer, Remove Versamail, Remove Get BC, install Snappermail to ROM, install various other applications to ROM such as KBLightsOff, TreoHelper, etc.

    Basically, allow for customization of the 1.08 ROM that was so popular with the 1.03 ROM. Why eat up RAM when you can remove applications that are not used in ROM and add items that are in RAM and taking up space to ROM.

    With available memory being so valuable anything one can do to allocate more RAM would be a move in the right direction.
    Exactly
  7. #7  
    soon soon I'm delaying udating my rom untill I can cust it! also using #5 rom I havnt had a reset in almost a week
  8. #8  
    Thanks for the info. I will have to try the new custom rom when I get home.
  9. #9  
    Is it easy to remove & add to ROM to the T650? I been wanting to do this to my phone, but the same time, don't want to screw up.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Is it easy to remove & add to ROM to the T650? I been wanting to do this to my phone, but the same time, don't want to screw up.
    It's as easy as using the forum search feature ;P
  11. #11  
    rev. m me and I will help you out
  12. #12  
    shadowmite's instructions on how to revert back to the original ROM are no longer on his site. I remember there was something different about the normal ROM install procedure but don't remember what it was. Anyone have these instructions? I tried to run the 1.08 updater and I get a message that my ROM is newer than the 1.08 update. My phone says the ROM version is 1.03.
  13. #13  
    Download the zipped ROM, (restore.zip). It should have instructions (readme.txt)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  14. #14  
    In case it does not have the readme.txt for some reason:
    Make sure the Palm and Rom folders are in the root of your SD card.

    1) PLUG IN YOUR 650 and then run the Romupdater app and simply
    a) Enter without quotes "rev cvt2" and press enter
    b) Enter without quotes "ace" and press enter
    c) When done it should prompt you to hard reset, do so...
    2) When the phone finishes booting back up, go back to the card apps display and run the CDMAParamWriter app.
    3) You should end up back at the same display, run the CDMAFirmwareUpdaterApp, and select update again. This will take a good 5-10 minutes...

    When done your phone should tell you so, and possibly turn itself off. Simply turn it on and say ok... At that point you are back to square 1 and can run the Wifi drivers as posted (results vary) and the original car kit update from palm...

    You should be fine just doing setps 1-1c. Steps 2 and 3 can be skipped, as well as the Wifi and the car kit update.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15. #15  
    I just went to the ShadowMite Forum after upgrading to 1.08 (I had been in the forum about 2 hours ago) and it looks like they took the forum down.

    Am I wrong or are they just working on it. There was a lot of talk with ShadowMite about fixing it so people can do a custom rom. Maybe he wanted to keep the conversation private for the time being. I hope!

    Also did anyone read that post from someone who called Sprint and was informed not to install the update as it is causing damage to the ROM. Mine when fine!

    Just need to fine someone to call to test it out.. hehehee

    Robert
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    shadowmite's instructions on how to revert back to the original ROM are no longer on his site. I remember there was something different about the normal ROM install procedure but don't remember what it was. Anyone have these instructions? I tried to run the 1.08 updater and I get a message that my ROM is newer than the 1.08 update. My phone says the ROM version is 1.03.
    You can get the instructions and download Here
  17. #17  
    worked great, thank you all.
  18. #18  
    Coo in that case when I get back from Vegas (on Wed.) looks like I'll try it. If worse comes to worse, you are all invited to the first Treo wake & funneral.......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  19. #19  
    Everything worked for me as well. Took out tour, versa, GetBC. Added Voicesignal back in ROM and freed another 1.5MB of RAM.

    One thing I did notice but not sure if that's how the original 1.08 updated was. But I get a slightly noticeable static while using the speaker phone. Can anyone with the original 1.08 update verify?
  20. #20  
    Does anyone know if I currently have ShadowMite's Rom #3 (1.03) installed do I still need to revert back before using his NEW #3 1.08 ?

    Thanks
    braz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions