Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by braz
    Does anyone know if I currently have ShadowMite's Rom #3 (1.03) installed do I still need to revert back before using his NEW #3 1.08 ?

Thanks
    braz
    I don't think you "have to" but you'll probably want to. By reverting to the pre-custom rom set-up and then running the Palm update, you're firmware version will change to 1.08. Then when you complete a Custom ROM install, it will stay as 1.08. If you go straight to the Custom ROM at this point the version will stay as 1.03.
    i did the firmware and everything was fine.....but i didnt have anymore memory than before so i'm going to go ahead and use shadowmite"s custom roms
    Question: I want to install the Shadomite ROM #4-1.08 (minimal ROM) because I can't stand the Quick Tour, etc. on my phone. However, if for some reason this ROM presents problems to my fragile Treo, will it be possible to flash back to the Sprint 1.08 update?

Sorry if this has been answered....I did do a search.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    I think you will have to revert to the OEM 1.03 ROM on shadowmite.com, and THEN update to the official 1.08.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Thanks....makes sense!
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Just want to clarify the best way to go here...

I 've had Shadowmite's Custom ROM #3 for a few months now (still shows ver. 1.03) and from what I've read, correct me if I'm wrong, is that I need to follow Shadowmite's instructions to revert back to Sprint's OEM ROM then follow PalmOne's instructions to receive the ver 1.08. Then go back to Shadowmite's site to choose your Custom ROM that you prefer and Reload that. Do I have this correct?
    Last edited by JetJockeyJ; 04/02/2005 at 12:36 AM. Reason: last question wasn't needed
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJockeyJ
    Just want to clarify the best way to go here...

I 've had Shadowmite's Custom ROM #3 for a few months now (still shows ver. 1.03) and from what I've read, correct me if I'm wrong, is that I need to follow Shadowmite's instructions to revert back to Sprint's OEM ROM then follow PalmOne's instructions to receive the ver 1.08. Then go back to Shadowmite's site to choose your Custom ROM that you prefer and Reload that. Do I have this correct?
    Correct. Thats that I did

1. Flashed back to the Original Sprint ROM (you won't need the CDMA updaters)
    2. Flash to Sprint 1.08.
    3. Flashed with SM 1.08 #5
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Correct. Thats that I did

1. Flashed back to the Original Sprint ROM (you won't need the CDMA updaters)
    2. Flash to Sprint 1.08.
    3. Flashed with SM 1.08 #5

Thanks it worked fine... Still don't notice much difference in the operation though after loading the Sprint's ROM update 1.08...
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJockeyJ
    Thanks it worked fine... Still don't notice much difference in the operation though after loading the Sprint's ROM update 1.08...
    You probably won't notice anything as far as the PalmOS side goes. You should have more available RAM once you've restored your apps, but nothing new, or really any performance increase for normal operations. The RAM issue was the key.

As to the phone, if you use a BT headset, you'll notice it is much better now. Before, i could only use my Moto820 at home. Even with hacks, BT mute, etc., road noises would make it impossible to hear people while driving. Now it sounds great.

And with SM #5 loaded, I've got Voice Memo and Note Pad back.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I just read that one can customize the new 1.08 update ROMs. I used to use custom ROM 3, but was wondering if I could use these. Anyone know from experience.

I know there are some files that are put in the ROM and other that must be installed into RAM, ie, ZLauncher PRC in ROM okay, but skin must be in RAM.

Anyone know if these can be added in a custom ROM? AND which part of the program must be installed in RAM for Z, PTunes, Agendus?
    RingoPro 4.34
    PhoneApp SPCS
    ZLauncher 5.2
    KBLightsOff 1.01
    PocketTunes 3.09
    Agendus Pro 9.03

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jandrion
    I just read that one can customize the new 1.08 update ROMs. I used to use custom ROM 3, but was wondering if I could use these. Anyone know from experience.

I know there are some files that are put in the ROM and other that must be installed into RAM, ie, ZLauncher PRC in ROM okay, but skin must be in RAM.

Anyone know if these can be added in a custom ROM? AND which part of the program must be installed in RAM for Z, PTunes, Agendus?
    RingoPro 4.34
    PhoneApp SPCS
    ZLauncher 5.2
    KBLightsOff 1.01
    PocketTunes 3.09
    Agendus Pro 9.03

Thanks.
    You need to search the forum, what has known to work in 1.03 should also work in 1.08 and vice versa.

KBLightsOff - Yes
    Ptunes - No
    PhoneApp SPCS - No
    ZLauncher - Yes
    Pocket Tunes DOES NOT seem to play well in ROM. Search Shadowmites forum for answers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12