1.    #1  
    I got my bill!

I thought I had MediaWorks Unlimited @ $19.99, which is suppose to permit unbridled access to the internet. Many of us discussed it here a couple of months back, but in my case I missed the cut-off point. I am at about 30 hours of phone time with reps and their managers -- they have dissected my bill into WAP/MediaNet usage and straight Internet usage. I think I originally got the MediaWorks Unlimited, but was duped by a CSR later when I called to verify it later. The CSR changed me.

However, before I venture off to Sprint, I need the collective help of TreoCentral's Cingular users. Those of you who can post what your login Cingular account screen looks like. I would appreciate it. (of course you will need to Photoshop out all your person stuff) I am trying see how my data plan compares to others. Here is what my screen look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    These are screenshots of my account information from their web page. These are not from their bill (PDF file) .. rather, these are from the listing on the web site (look at the left of the screen after logging in).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    There is a different code for the unlimited Media Works, as opposed to the current $19.99 plan that is only 3MB. On my paper bill, it says Media Works $19.99, and another entry that is Media Works - WIX, that has 0.00 charge. I am wondering if that is the code for the unlimited Media Works (which I do have.) I know that many of the customer service reps can't distinguish the codes, so they mess you up when they fool with your plan. Not sure if this code on my bill is the one.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Actually, the Media Works - WIX also shows up on my Features page online, just like aprasad. Aprasad, do you have the unlimited Media Works?
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Yes. I have gone through one billing cycle with just the $19.99 charge for all my internet usage (a lot!).

I too look for WIX and some of the other codes for MMS etc.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  6.    #6  
    Hi Levyesq,

I'm over in Oakland. At this point, I don't know what I have. MediaWork WIX it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Levyesq
    Actually, the Media Works - WIX also shows up on my Features page online, just like aprasad. Aprasad, do you have the unlimited Media Works?
  7.    #7  
    aprasad,

Thanks so much for letting me see your screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    These are screenshots of my account information from their web page. These are not from their bill (PDF file) .. rather, these are from the listing on the web site (look at the left of the screen after logging in).
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Hi Levyesq,

I'm over in Oakland. At this point, I don't know what I have. MediaWork WIX it appears.
    You have the right plan but are being charged for web usage?

PM me if you don't get this solved quickly. I need your first and last name and cell number.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Hi Levyesq,

But you have "Media Works Package" which is different from what I have.

What a mess! Cingular has the worst, slowest site around. It logs me out in a few seconds of inactivity...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    PM me if you don't get this solved quickly. I need your first and last name and cell number.
    It appears that you work for (or know lots about) Cingular..

Could you please tell us the definitive answer to the question:

What should we look for in our bill or our account on the Cingular web site as proof that we have (and continue to have) the unlimited Media Works $19.99 package (with lots of SMS and MMS included)?

I wish I had saved a screen-capture when I joined it in Jan ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  11.    #11  
    Your situation sounds okay. You would have gasp had you seen it on your bill.

Could you please tell us the definitive answer to the question:

What should we look for in our bill or our account on the Cingular web site as proof that we have (and continue to have) the unlimited Media Works $19.99 package (with lots of SMS and MMS included)?

I wish I had saved a screen-capture when I joined it in Jan ..
    I'm paranoid enough to check the account on the web site every few days that I'm still on the unlimited 19.99 plan.

Like others, I'd like to know for sure about what I'm looking for ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I have the 19.99 unlimited plan, and 3 phones on a 2k minute family talk plan (about $150 total)....

.... my first bill was $1,122

...Cingular is still trying to figure out how to fix it ....

very disappointing - especially since I called CS no less than 8 times in the first month to confirm my "unlimited" plan.
    Cingular CSR is awful, as is its website. Nobody there seems to be able to decipher the bill. This actually seems to be a problem for all phone companies: they cannot issue a bill that anyone, even their own CSR people can understand. I have had errrors on every bill for the past several months, and it takes hours to resolve. BTW, why can't we all have the option of not having every single call that cost $0.00 (b/c it is included in plan) itemized. I printed my bill from the web and it was about 30 pages. That is absurd.

Also, I do not think the CSR reps even understand all the plans. I went skiing in Canada last month, and switched to the 1700 minute North American Plan, from the 2000 minute National Plan, so I would have no roaming charges. I got my bill a couple of days ago, and while there were no VOICE roaming charges, there were DATA roaming charges. And, to add insult to injury, they moved my wife's number onto a 250 minute per month national plan, and off the faimly plan. The after-the-fact explanation was that you cannot have a family plan with the North American Plan, only the National.

Now all of this would be fine if the person who advised me to change my account in the first place had told me that: (a) no roaming charges meand no VOICE roaming chargesl and (b) I would have to pay for a 250 per month plan for the additional line, not $9.99. I may have made the same decision, but I should have had the choice. It is unclear to me whether the omission was intentional, or simply the result of incompetence. But given the general level of Cingular's customer service, I think it was incomeptence.
  15.    #15  
    BullsEye!
    I don't know that Cingular Cust Serv. is any better than Sprint Cust Serv. The trick with Cingular is that you have get someone on the inside who you can call back and build a relationship with.

ATT was great. TMobile has won the JD Powers award several years straight. Verizon is also at the top of their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Knocka
    Cingular CSR is awful, as is its website. Nobody there seems to be able to decipher the bill. This actually seems to be a problem for all phone companies: they cannot issue a bill that anyone, even their own CSR people can understand. I have had errrors on every bill for the past several months, and it takes hours to resolve. BTW, why can't we all have the option of not having every single call that cost $0.00 (b/c it is included in plan) itemized. I printed my bill from the web and it was about 30 pages. That is absurd.

Also, I do not think the CSR reps even understand all the plans. I went skiing in Canada last month, and switched to the 1700 minute North American Plan, from the 2000 minute National Plan, so I would have no roaming charges. I got my bill a couple of days ago, and while there were no VOICE roaming charges, there were DATA roaming charges. And, to add insult to injury, they moved my wife's number onto a 250 minute per month national plan, and off the faimly plan. The after-the-fact explanation was that you cannot have a family plan with the North American Plan, only the National.

Now all of this would be fine if the person who advised me to change my account in the first place had told me that: (a) no roaming charges meand no VOICE roaming chargesl and (b) I would have to pay for a 250 per month plan for the additional line, not $9.99. I may have made the same decision, but I should have had the choice. It is unclear to me whether the omission was intentional, or simply the result of incompetence. But given the general level of Cingular's customer service, I think it was incomeptence.
    I don't work for Cingular but have had excellent CS in my last 5 or 6 years with them. I will try and find out what it should look like on your bill or on the web.