Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Looks like the Mymail service website is up.

http://mymail.rogers.com

But can't seem to activate my number. Can someone else try who's actually purchased their T650 from Rogers. I purchased mine through P1.

It looks like the service will be similar to Wireless Desktop (by Visto)
    I have an unlocked phone as well. Just for the record, it wont let me put in my phone number to even get my PIN. Perhaps it is not yet ready for prime time?

E44
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Same for me. Unlocked GSM Treo 650 from P1 and can't activate my number with Rogers for MyMail.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Is there a better description about what this thing is? I have a rogers 650..but I would like to know more about what the heck I am activating before I do it.

Also, their security certificates on this site are mis-matched...their cert is for a different URL than the one you posted. Probably just an oversite.
  5.    #5  
    This is the replacement/upgrade for the Wireless Desktop service they had for Treo 600 and older devices...basically gives you "push" email functionality. Check out http://www.visto.com/, http://www.shoprogers.com/business/w...p/overview.asp or http://www.rogers.com/mymail for more info on the service.
    ooooooooo i like this article...man i cant wait

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ry/Technology/

well i still have a Treo 600 rogers locked on my account....but i mean its because your number hasnt been selected for beta testing...like mine...

cant wait
    Ok Folks, looks like it is "really" up this time. I am going to give it a try when I get home tonight. I will let you know what I find.

-E44
    yeah ive been using it off and on since friday...but now ive finally put it back for good...its pretty good a little laggish in getting my mail but good nonethelesss
    I am trying it out. I had a locked Treo 600 on my Rogers account before the unlocked one. I've had a bit of trouble with it so far. Lots aof resets and I can't get it to stop sync'ing my contacts and schedule with my Exchange server at work. It has also used up over 1 meg in two days of downloads. Still haven't read the manual yet though.
    I have it setup and running, I suppose. I see what you mean about laggish, looks like it only pushes out every ten minutes or so. So much for "Real Time" email. I am only using it for POP mail (yahoo) as my company doesnt have an outside IMAP port. I am also having a bit of trouble with the alerts. I cant get the blasted thing to play a sound alert when a message comes in. All of the other alerts work, just no sound. I wonder if it is conflicting with Ringo Pro???

Anyone else having this problem?

-E44

***EDIT***

One other thing... has anyone noticed increased power drain? I sware that I just went from 75% to 65% in the last half an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo44
    I have it setup and running, I suppose. I see what you mean about laggish, looks like it only pushes out every ten minutes or so. So much for "Real Time" email. I am only using it for POP mail (yahoo) as my company doesnt have an outside IMAP port. I am also having a bit of trouble with the alerts. I cant get the blasted thing to play a sound alert when a message comes in. All of the other alerts work, just no sound. I wonder if it is conflicting with Ringo Pro???

Anyone else having this problem?

-E44

***EDIT***

One other thing... has anyone noticed increased power drain? I sware that I just went from 75% to 65% in the last half an hour.
    I'm having the same problem with alerts, no sound, unless I happen to actually have the MyMail program open and then I do get sound. I don't have Ringo installed so that's not the problem.

As for battery I just insalled this afternoon so I haven't noticed but if it's constantly polling for info I would expect a battery drain.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I'm having the same problem with alerts, no sound, unless I happen to actually have the MyMail program open and then I do get sound. I don't have Ringo installed so that's not the problem.

As for battery I just insalled this afternoon so I haven't noticed but if it's constantly polling for info I would expect a battery drain.

It seems to have also disabled the normal flashing of my green signal LED. Have you noticed the same?

I was thinking the same thing; re polling, but that doesnt seem to make much sense due to the email lag issue. One would think that if it was polling that much then the lag would be much less.

Any thoughts?

-E44
    It seems to have also disabled the normal flashing of my green signal LED. Have you noticed the same?

I was thinking the same thing; re polling, but that doesnt seem to make much sense due to the email lag issue. One would think that if it was polling that much then the lag would be much less.

Any thoughts?

-E44
    I had the same problem with LED. Then I did a soft reset and I turned off the Pulse LED alert and now my LED is back to normal.

I was just guessing regarding battery. I haven't had it installed long enough to know what real impact it's having on my battery.
    Ok. that't it.... So, how do you get rid of this app? When I try to remove it through uninstall manager I get a message saying that it is protected and cannot be removed. I tried a soft reset to no avail. Help? Please?

-E44
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I think you need to do a warm reset to remove it. What I did was a hard reset and restored from my backup via backupman. I always do a backup of my Treo before installing 3rd party software so if it messes up my phone/pda, I can always have a 'clean' backup file to restore from.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    i had butler so i had it reset the LED from there...but i took that notifcation off as it will turn orange when there is an alert

but what ticks me off, is that the treo wont vibrate in silent mode unless the vibrate option is ticked, so it will vibe in normal mode, and if you have the flashing asterix option enabled, you wont hear the audible alert. However without the asterix, it wont show you any on your treo...other than the LED (which could reset back at any moment by just turning back on the unit)
    Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the Calander/Contact updates. I really just want this for access to corporate email. (I just he desktop assistant which is the only way for me to get email from outside other than webmail.) Anyway I've found some kinks with the over-the-air updates to my contacts/calander and would like to turn those off if I can. Can I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the Calander/Contact updates. I really just want this for access to corporate email. (I just he desktop assistant which is the only way for me to get email from outside other than webmail.) Anyway I've found some kinks with the over-the-air updates to my contacts/calander and would like to turn those off if I can. Can I?
    I wish that I could help you but I am only using it for my pop mail at the moment. Is your corporate email IMAP or POP3? If so, you may want to try to reinstall and not choose corporate in the setup. If you use "Internet" as your mail preference you only get the email piece of the application, not the other PIM features. If you are using POP or IMAP you should still be able to point to your corporate server.

Hope this helps,
    E44
    I wish that I could help you but I am only using it for my pop mail at the moment. Is your corporate email IMAP or POP3? If so, you may want to try to reinstall and not choose corporate in the setup. If you use "Internet" as your mail preference you only get the email piece of the application, not the other PIM features. If you are using POP or IMAP you should still be able to point to your corporate server.

Hope this helps,
    E44
    That's a good suggestion.
    I spoke with a Rogers, data, support CSR today to report three bugs with the app:

1) Sound alerts do not sound unless you are in the app
    2) LED alert causes the LED to stop functioning normally, however it will still work as a MyMail alert.
    3) Email Lag. Approx. 15 minutes for the "push" to happen.

The CSR escalated the issue to engineering/developement. She followed up with me shortly after speaking with engineering and dev.

Issue 3) represents how they expect the app to function. They estimate a 5-15 minute lag in email "push". I asked her if it is a true "push" (meaning that the device is notified of the email by the server), or if it is more of a automated pull (meaning that the device polls the server for new email). Her reply is that it is more of a pull than a push. This would explain the battery drain.

Issue 2) is a known issue and is being resolved.

Issue 1) had not yet been reported. They are now aware of the issue and it's discussion is on the agenda for the next Engineering and Developement team meeting with a goal of finding a fix.

She mentioned that she took these issues straight to Management.

I have a case number and will be checking back with them periodically. I will update this thread with any new news.

E44
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast