Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ^
    1. sound issue is odd
    2. i turned off hte LED alert, as it does stop the LED from working normally. Good thing is, is Butler picks up the notification it turns it to my default notification LED, orange
    3. the lag is very annoying somewhat...my smallest lag has been 20mins, and my biggest anywhere between 2 hours to never showing
    I am starting to think that SnapperMail set to check for new messages every hour or half hour would be more effective.

The thing that is killing me is the battery drain. I think that I see what is happening. After it loses connection it tries to reconnect every 10 seconds. I work in an area that has a lot of no coverage areas (a hospital). These reconnection loops seem to effect battery drain in a very unpleasant way. Prior to installing the app I would end the day with about 65 percent power left. This is with what I consider high usage. after installing the app I am lucky to be left with 25 percent after a day of high use.

I am still going to play with the app a bit but it is starting to look like this is not going to be a practical email solution for my needs.

I will post any new findings throughout the rest of the week. I plan to make a final decision on the app by the end of the week.

E44
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo44
    I am starting to think that SnapperMail set to check for new messages every hour or half hour would be more effective.

The thing that is killing me is the battery drain. I think that I see what is happening. After it loses connection it tries to reconnect every 10 seconds. I work in an area that has a lot of no coverage areas (a hospital). These reconnection loops seem to effect battery drain in a very unpleasant way. Prior to installing the app I would end the day with about 65 percent power left. This is with what I consider high usage. after installing the app I am lucky to be left with 25 percent after a day of high use.

I am still going to play with the app a bit but it is starting to look like this is not going to be a practical email solution for my needs.

I will post any new findings throughout the rest of the week. I plan to make a final decision on the app by the end of the week.

E44
    Same issue with me. This application is definitely a battery hog...I use to have Verichat running all the time and there was still a less power drain than this application.
    Not sure if any of you are interested, but FWIW, the Visto product doesn't 'push' POP or IMAP mail the way it does corporate (Exchange/Domino) mail. The MyMail NOC will 'poll' your POP/IMAP account every 15 minutes and then deliver any new messages directly to the handset.

In addition, the newest version of the software for the Treo is 5.2.0038 and it resolves a number of issues, so I'd recommend using it if you aren't already.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12