1.    #1  
    Using shadwomite's custom rom. Can I get the sprint Update or not? Is it worth going back to original from for the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfox3
    Using shadwomite's custom rom. Can I get the sprint Update or not?
    Yes, you can use the Sprint Update. You will need to flash back the original ROM first.

Is it worth going back to original from for the update?
    Don't quite understand the question. Why go back to the original once you've upgraded??? (I don't think it's even possible to do)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Using shadwomite's custom rom. Can I get the sprint Update or not? Is it worth going back to original from for the update?
    Depends, Is your phone working for you? Mine is, hence the reason I don't see a need to update. Whats not broke, needs not to be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Depends, Is your phone working for you? Mine is, hence the reason I don't see a need to update. Whats not broke, needs not to be fixed.
    Mine was not broken before the update but after the update, it's a whole lot more not broken .

Even if you don't need the extra memory, I imagine the added call clarity is beneficial to everyone. My device seems a lot more stable as well, but maybe that's just my imagination.
  5.    #5  
    The reason being is I don't want real player and some other crap that the original sprint rom has added to it
    If you got 3 to 7 extra meg out of the update why would it matter if realplayer was still on there? It's not like dumping it saved you that much.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  7.    #7  
    do you have to reinstall btmanager from shadow mite?
    do you have to reinstall btmanager from shadow mite?
    For DUN, yes.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Hold on I just want to make sure that I understand this correctly.

If i'm using shadwomite's custom rom (#3), and I reinstall the stock ROM that came with my Treo650, I can still get my DUN's to work??

My treo650 is stable for the most part im not a power user but I do have 4 or 5 apps installed and use the phone alot. The main reason I have not jumped to 1.08 is beacause of DUN's I really need to make sure that I dont loose this function.

Any advise is GREATLY appreicated.

braz