1.    #1  
    I get a list of alerts (that's blank) whenever I press and hold the center button, expect when at the applications launcher (launcherX).

Is this normal? I don't like this - is this an artifact of some program I installed and removed, perhaps?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That's the default action of the center button and can't be changed AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    It's normal. If you have any alerts that are handled by the alert manager (such as: SMS, calendar alarms, missed calls, etc...) that's where you'll see them listed.

You know you have (unseen?) alerts waiting when you get the flashing asterisk icon in the upper-left corner of the screen.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
  4.    #4  
    Aw, rats. I can see how this might be useful. but since the camera actually operates on release of the button, it would be nicer to not have this feature active. Then I could hold the button down until I want to release it and take the picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Aw, rats. I can see how this might be useful. but since the camera actually operates on release of the button, it would be nicer to not have this feature active. Then I could hold the button down until I want to release it and take the picture.
    This topic has about 4 threads already, so I should chime in.

I constantly run into this while taking pictures.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I was getting ready to post that how cool I thought this function was, and here are you guys not liking it. I actually prefer it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    That's the default action of the center button and can't be changed AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    This can be changed with a program called ButtonsEx. This useful program allows the programming of the whole 5-way navigator (you can assign programs to be launched with a press and hold of each different button of the navigator)...
    For some reason ButtonsEx doesn't work on my Sprint Treo 650. Can anybody help me setting it up? I went to preferences and selected the apps I wanted to launch, but nothing it doens't work. Anybody?

Thanks,

Al
    I got it all checkboxes need to be uncheck.

Al