View Poll Results: Should you have waited till after the 1.08 patch was released to buy your Treo 650?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 6.38%
  • No

34 72.34%
  • No, but only because of avaialble ROM hacks

10 21.28%
  • Other - Please post why you selected this option to explain

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    If you could do it all over again, would you have waited till the 1.08 patch to buy your Treo 650 or are you happy you got one even before this latest patch?

For me, I'm glad I got mine before the patch and only wish I had gotten it sooner. I was doing fine before the patch. Although now I have a little bit more on-board memory free and had to turn down my BT volume .
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Although now I have a little bit more on-board memory free and had to turn down my BT volume.
    Oh no!!!

Sounds like you've got a defective Treo there. You better return it quick! More memory and better volume? We can't be having any of that!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Oh no!!!

Sounds like you've got a defective Treo there. You better return it quick! More memory and better volume? We can't be having any of that!

Well Mark, I think this poll like many others proves most people feel good about their purchase. I could just always post messages that fire back at the negative talk about the device, but I prefer to let the facts do the talking .

I think some folks in the "discontent 20%" (may be lower now that the patch was released) feel that there is some massive number of upset T650 owners. Polls show them how things really look.

I mean if people are having problems I feel bad for them, but many negative posts seem to imply the device is terrible and not worthy of release just because of their individual issues. That is certainly not the case. The device is good and most of us are glad we have it.
    Obviously as Palm's financials have continued to improve there must not have been any major returns of Treo 650's in any great number. However PalmOne's decision to release the phone in the state that it was shows it doesn't really care about its shrinking marketshare. The easiest way to keep people on your platform, in this case the Palm OS platform, is to make the platform sticky. How do you make it sticky? Attract a lot of applications that people use. The more programs that people use on these devices, the less likely they will be to chuck it all to go to the Pocket PC OS or to a Blackberry. Well with the memory flaw there were so few apps that could be installed on the Treo 650 that it really wasn't that difficult to see yourself switching platforms. Fortunately they've remedied this.

I'm still not sure that PalmOne has gotten the message to stop dicking around with the amount of memory they're shipping with their products. Enough of the simplicity philosophy. Give us all enough memory so we'll put so much software on these things that we'll never want to jump ship!