Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSmobiletech
    TomTom has released the patch for the Navigator 2004 software for use with Treo650. The patch allows to return to the same map after the navigation session is interrupted by a phone call (Treo650 does not support 2 functions at once).
    The FAQ for the patch specifically says no.

    http://www.tomtom.com/support/rightnow.php?Language=4&Page=http%3A//62.250.17.58/cgi-bin/us.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php%3Fp_faqid%3D2406

    * TomTom Navigator on the Treo 650: The Phone feature of the Treo 650 must be switchced off while using TomTom Navigator. If a call is taken or made while TomTom Navigator is in use you will have to restart it and replan the route.


    Quote Originally Posted by MCSmobiletech
    In addition, here is some information about Treo650 and TomTom compatibility: Treo650 with TomTom does not allow you to use Bluetooth GPS connection if telephone Bluetooth connection is active, which makes using Treo with Navigator 2004 and CK3300 impossible. However, on May 19th, TomTom is releasing Navigator 2005 that will take care of this problem. Customers, who purchased Navigator 2004 after March 15th, 2005 will be eligible for a free upgrade, customers who bought the software before march 15th, will be able to upgrade for free, but the new maps will cost them $50. Old maps will be backward compatible and useable with Navigator 2005.
    I have no interest in BT GPS functinality as I'd want the thing in a charging cradle in such usage anyway. But I would like:

    1. Not to have to restart and replan routes after every call.

    2. To be able to install maps directly to the SD card w/o using a card reader. The laptop I keep my Plam Desktop on doesn't have a card reader whcih would make the described installation procedure for the 2004 version anyway, a PITA.

    Any data on this at your source of information ?a
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    1. Not to have to restart and replan routes after every call.

    2. To be able to install maps directly to the SD card w/o using a card reader. The laptop I keep my Plam Desktop on doesn't have a card reader whcih would make the described installation procedure for the 2004 version anyway, a PITA.

    Any data on this at your source of information ?a
    1. I use TT & take calls all the time. I setup the side button to launch TT. After the call I press the side button and I'm right where I left off.

    2. No sure what you mean. With the size of the maps they *have* to install directly to the SD card. Using a card reader just makes the process alot quicker.
  3. #23  
    Hi; I love and use TT all the time. It takes calls and then resumes just fine. Buy and enjoy!!
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

    Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
  4. #24  
    I'm with Jack, which is why I bought the tom tom go hard unit. Runs off the battery and can be moved to any car with easy. There are certain things I think should be separate.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwbaker
    1. I use TT & take calls all the time. I setup the side button to launch TT. After the call I press the side button and I'm right where I left off.

    2. No sure what you mean. With the size of the maps they *have* to install directly to the SD card. Using a card reader just makes the process alot quicker.
    I am not sure what I ....or should I say "they" mean as I am just quoting the TomTom web site.

    1. When you say you are right where you left off are you just using it as a visual track of where you are and where you are going or did you "plan a route". TomTom says if you plan a route, when you go off and on again for the call, the route "gets lost" and you have to replan the route.....if you are not using this feature....that is not "planning routes", you wouldn't be affected.

    2. Again, according to TomTom web site, they say that you must take an intermediate step to put things on the SD card. IOW, they are saying that you can't install them to the Treo using HotSync to the card. You MUST have a card reader on your PC with the Palm Software, pull your SD card from the Palm, put it in the PC and load them that way.

    Again, I am not saying this is the deal,TomTom is.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami
    Hi; I love and use TT all the time. It takes calls and then resumes just fine. Buy and enjoy!!
    See my note to chewbacca...er....cwbaker <g>. If yas wanna know where that came from, my 9 year old son was looking over my shoulder while I was typing and said Dad, "who is chew-bacca" ?
  7. #27  
    If you are in the middle of a route and you answer the phone, TomTom terminates. When you start TomTom again, it remembers the destination and plots a new route, based on the GPS location when it restarts. Typically, this works great, but where it falls down is if you have manually changed the route, you will have to it again - bummer. I'm running a CDMA 650 with TT2004 Dec update for Treo. All & All, great program - my favorite!
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

    Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami
    If you are in the middle of a route and you answer the phone, TomTom terminates. When you start TomTom again, it remembers the destination and plots a new route, based on the GPS location when it restarts. Typically, this works great, but where it falls down is if you have manually changed the route, you will have to it again - bummer. I'm running a CDMA 650 with TT2004 Dec update for Treo. All & All, great program - my favorite!
    Hopefully, version 5 will fix this......I giesss I'll look into it in two weeks.
  9. #29  
    I'm using Tom Tom 4.42 and when I take a bluetooth headset call, I can immediately switch back to Navigator and the route is still active...you don't have to replan it.
  10. #30  
    Dang! $50 to upgrade the maps! That's not good
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildman
    I'm using Tom Tom 4.42 and when I take a bluetooth headset call, I can immediately switch back to Navigator and the route is still active...you don't have to replan it.
    That's good new....still wondering though why their web site says the opposite. Ya'd think thay'd wanna emphacize that ability rather than say it ain't there.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    That's good new....still wondering though why their web site says the opposite. Ya'd think thay'd wanna emphacize that ability rather than say it ain't there.
    I noticed that too... even though their website specifically says you need to install the software using an SD card reader first it wasn't the case with me.

    When installing the software you get two options- install to RAM or SD card. Choosing SD card installs both the software and maps on the next Sync. Never once did I have to use an SD card reader in the entire process- it was actually flawless (can I say that here?)

    The only hangup with this setup is that Tom Tom auto runs when you remove and reinsert the card. If you have other apps on there you need to use, you'll have to exit Tom Tom after a reinsert. Not a big annoyance if you don't change cards often.

    And I can take calls while in Tom Tom and it automatically comes back to where you left off in your route.

    This was my first experience with GPS and it absolutely blows me away on my Treo. I recommend it!
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

    Catch me on Twitter

    Google+ Me
  13. vebix's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    #33  
    >The only hangup with this setup is that Tom Tom auto runs when you remove and reinsert the card.

    There's an easy way around this - TomTom installs a "start.prc" in the \PALM folder on your SD card. I renamed mine to "start.prc.bak" and the auto-start no longer kicks in when I insert the card. (I renamed it instead of deleting it in case I needed to restore it for some reason) Now I can just launch TomTom from the standard shortcut that gets installed to the built-in RAM.

    I love everything about TomTom! It blows away all my other GPS experiences. I can't wait to get version 5.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by mportune
    >The only hangup with this setup is that Tom Tom auto runs when you remove and reinsert the card.

    There's an easy way around this - TomTom installs a "start.prc" in the \PALM folder on your SD card. I renamed mine to "start.prc.bak" and the auto-start no longer kicks in when I insert the card.
    That's a great tip. The auto-run feature was driving me nuts (altough at least I knew via TomTom where I was going).
  15.    #35  
    Yes... That's awesome...thanks!! I hated the autorun thing.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by mportune
    >The only hangup with this setup is that Tom Tom auto runs when you remove and reinsert the card.

    There's an easy way around this - TomTom installs a "start.prc" in the \PALM folder on your SD card. I renamed mine to "start.prc.bak" and the auto-start no longer kicks in when I insert the card. (I renamed it instead of deleting it in case I needed to restore it for some reason) Now I can just launch TomTom from the standard shortcut that gets installed to the built-in RAM.

    I love everything about TomTom! It blows away all my other GPS experiences. I can't wait to get version 5.
    Great tip. Worked like a charm!
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

    Catch me on Twitter

    Google+ Me
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions