1.    #1  
    We have hundreds of 650 users. Some have had problems with the upgrade but we have worked them out so far. Would like to have option to go back to old firmware though. How?

I'm looking for an 'officially' supported way, not the shadowmite way.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    I'm looking for an 'officially' supported way
    I doubt there is one unless you contact P1.

Why would you want to go back to the old version though?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    you want to give up a 35% memory increase? Whatever for?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    We have hundreds of 650 users. Some have had problems with the upgrade but we have worked them out so far. Would like to have option to go back to old firmware though. How?

Go to sprint and swap your phone for a new (old firmware having, memory hogging, 512b eating) phone.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    For most people, a working phone is more important than extra memory. 95% of these people are not power users. They use it as a phone first, email second.

It would be surprising if there were no official process to go back if necessary. Did the 600 update have a downgrade procedure?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Yeah, no way!

xenophonite, sounds like you would be better off waiting until the verdict is fully in on the update, if you are that worried.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Did the 600 update have a downgrade procedure?
    No the Treo 600 updates did not have a "downgrade" method. And if they had a downgrade method for that last Treo 600 patch plenty of folks would have used it. Me included .

With all Treo patches ever made there has never been a "downgrade" option. You either take the dive or you don't.
    For most people, a working phone is more important than extra memory. 95% of these people are not power users. They use it as a phone first, email second.?
    And the sound quality improvements in the update make it a must for those people, too.

It would be surprising if there were no official process to go back if necessary. Did the 600 update have a downgrade procedure?
    No, not that I can recall.

When Sprint / Palm release an update, their intent is that it's an improvement, and there's no going back.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    i think that people should decide whether they are going to do the update or not. If there are just Treo as a Basic Phone users and they are happy with their Treo, then why bother upgrading when everything is ok.

Although I'm a poweruser, I was happy with my Treo 650 and was not planning to do the upgrade until today because I ran into Bluetooth issues. I bit the bullet and it worked. So now I'm even more happy.

If someone installed the upgrade and is having problems, then they should call P1.
    For most people, a working phone is more important than extra memory. 95% of these people are not power users. They use it as a phone first, email second.

Why would anyone who just wanted a phone buy a treo of any kind?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    My phone is much more stable since I updated. I used to get occasional resets or hangs when I recieved calls and it has even blinked at me since I upgraded. The memory issue is secondary for me over stability. Having said that, it is nice not to have to wait for zlauncher to load everything for me.

Mike
    My phone has been much more unstable since the "upgrade". It is hanging several times a day. I am tempted to do a hard reset and reload all my apps.
    I have hung up: Getting a SMS message, connecting to BT, and using autosync with Versamail. These are all common things to do with the phone and it is a shame that they are all scenarios that cause possible lock-ups.

FWIW and you probably already know this by now but you should have never just gone out an upgraded 100's of users w/o thouroughly testing this release in your environment and also waiting to see how others were doing with it. This is why Microsoft still has many XP SP1 and W2k corporate users even though for many, XP SP2 is the way to go.

BTW, it's not just the memory increase but the overall improved stability of the phone that is the MAJOR reason to upgrade with the new firmware. I have to say though, I upgraded right away but also sersioulsy thought about delaying for a week or so to see how others were doing with it. When I saw the early returns, I decided to take the plunge but knew that I was taking a gable doing it so early.

Good luck. In the long run, you will be better off with this release but it is too bad your users will have to go through some pains while quirks are worked out.