1.    #1  
    I have both of these applications, and both venders seem like they have jumped through hoops to get their applications to work on the older firmware of the treo. Does anyone have any word of an update or if the the patch resovled any of the issues..??

Thanks
    -CK
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I only had issues with BackupMan on occasion if my RAM dropped too low (under about 8.5MB or so) so I can't say for sure. However, I just ran a backup and it went fine. Seemed a little quicker than before, but that could just be me. 1.52b5.
    - Fushigi
    From http://www.bitsnbolts.com/tungsten_t5.html

2005-03-22: palmOne today released a device update for the Sprint PCS Treo 650 smartphone. In preliminary testing this system update (v1.08) appears to address all "Out of Memory" and crashing issues with our software as well as providing other benefits for Treo 650 users. We strongly suggest all customers upgrade to this new release of the Treo system software. You can download this update directly from palmOne's support website.

For information on Tungsten T5 and Treo 650 updates for non-Sprint phones you will need to contact palmOne support directly. We have no information on when palmOne will release updates for these devices.

BackupMan v1.52 and later support the Tungsten T5 and Treo 650, however you should be aware of the following information:

* Photos and Videos will not be backed up on the Treo 650/Tungsten T5. We suggest setting the Media application to save these items directly to the expansion card.

* You must turn the phone OFF on the Treo 650 prior to performing a restore operation.

Some users may experience "Out of memory" errors while running BackupMan. The specific error number for this error is 0x0201. This error is caused by memory leak in the NVFS subsystem of the Tungsten T5 and Treo 650. Whether or not you see this error depends on the quantity and composition of the data on your device; there is nothing that can be done to rectify the problem until PalmOne releases an update for these devices.

This problem also can show up as a random reset (Treo 650) or Fatal Exception (Tungsten T5). Since this is a bug in the device itself, you may see these errors/resets during any running application, so if you have been wondering why your device resets occasionally, this is probably the cause.

We are hopeful that PalmOne will fix this problem in the near future, and we will continue to update this website with further information as it becomes available.
    I used backupbuddy to do a backup and restore prior to and after the update to 1.08. Worked flawlessly before and still does.
    That's good news, as I use Backupman. It has worked without any problems for my on my 650.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Backupman users: are you still getting soft resets at the end of backup (even successful) operations? I just emailed Bitsnbolts and they said no one else had reported this. I'm disappointed that I'm still having these...if you are also please let them know so that they can investigate. Their party line prior to this update has been that they were not going to do anything until there was an update. Now the update is here and they're continuing with their indifferent attitude...
    I did get one reset after doing a manual backup, but my scheduled backup this morning seemed to work just fine.
    Zane

I just checked for resets using ##377 and I had one at 2am-the time of my backup; however, the reset was caused by Zlauncher. I guess when Backupman finished the exit to Zlauncher caused a problem.
    Last edited by zvandiver; 03/25/2005 at 03:19 PM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Backupman users: are you still getting soft resets at the end of backup (even successful) operations? I just emailed Bitsnbolts and they said no one else had reported this. I'm disappointed that I'm still having these...if you are also please let them know so that they can investigate. Their party line prior to this update has been that they were not going to do anything until there was an update. Now the update is here and they're continuing with their indifferent attitude...

I reported it a couple days ago I believe. I am getting some resets, escpecially middle of the night when I do a backup.
    my BackupMan resets at the end of every backup - every time. Each and every time. I'll let them know.
    I was having trouble restoring a previous backup with the new Sprint update. It would fail and reset when trying to restore mvoc. I believe that's a file associated with mvoice. If I skip that file then the restore goes through fine. I've since deleted that file after a complete backup and I haven't had any issues restoring.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    my BackupMan resets at the end of every backup - every time. Each and every time. I'll let them know.
    Please add me in the list. BackupMan lastest version, reset everytime it finish a schedule backup, without failed.