Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a software which will enable using MP3 ringtones on Treo 650.
    With the Treo 600 I was using Callfilter 1.2, but that does not run on Treo 650.
    I've also tried ringo but didn't like it.
    Is there any other good alternatives for this purpose ?

Thanks...
    I Use Phone Technician ....it's very simple and easy to use.....only $8 too!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    I'm looking for a software which will enable using MP3 ringtones on Treo 650.
    With the Treo 600 I was using Callfilter 1.2, but that does not run on Treo 650.
    I've also tried ringo but didn't like it.
    Is there any other good alternatives for this purpose ?

Thanks...
    Lightwav 5.3. does everything you need including wav/mp3 ringtone, sms and voice callerID blocking, full screen jpg and animated gif callerID!!! and more.

click here www.toysoft.ca/lightwav.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I use Ringo Pro.

- E44
    Im using mp3ringer and I downloaded it for a free 14 day demo period. Try it out seems to be working great for me. U can pick it up on Handango
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Lightwav 5.3. does everything you need including wav/mp3 ringtone, sms and voice callerID blocking, full screen jpg and animated gif callerID!!! and more.

Smiley I'll ask again because you didnt answer before..has the bug been fixed where if you answer between where the 72x72 photo shows and the 320x320 shows it causes a reset?

If you dont wanna answer I'll understand....I'll continue using Ringo Pro until you actually comment on bugs and acknowledge them when people ask about them.
    ^^ Nice no response, I'm pulling out the popcorn
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    I've try ringo, Ringo pro, technician , mring, callfilter, lightwav

i keep Ringo pro, works nice and stable
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    Smiley I'll ask again because you didnt answer before..has the bug been fixed where if you answer between where the 72x72 photo shows and the 320x320 shows it causes a reset?

If you dont wanna answer I'll understand....I'll continue using Ringo Pro until you actually comment on bugs and acknowledge them when people ask about them.
    bump for an answer to this question
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88

I've just tried Lightwav 5.3 but it doesn't seem to work correct.
    I have PTunes 3.0.7 installed and "background play" is enabled. But when I set a mp3 tone in Lightwav, normal ringer sounds, not the MP3 !
    I also tested from within Lightwav (using the play button) but only the screen flashes.

What is the problem ?

Btw, I am using a GSM Treo 650...
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    To not hear the normal ringer, you need to set it to silent in the the sound preferences of the T650. As far as hearing the mp3 when you press play, make sure that the PocketTunes is selected in the Lightwav sound preference. I have noticed once or twice, that I needed to delete and reinstall Lightwav for the mp3 tones to work.
    I have PTunes 3.0.7 installed and "background play" is enabled. But when I set a mp3 tone in Lightwav, normal ringer sounds, not the MP3 !
    I also tested from within Lightwav (using the play button) but only the screen flashes.

What is the problem ?

LW seems to get worse and worse with each update. Sometimes I think I'm watching a Fear Factor segment, it's crawling with so many bugs!

I've gone back to Ringo...and maybe, just maybe CF will be released for the 650.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    LW seems to get worse and worse with each update. Sometimes I think I'm watching a Fear Factor segment, it's crawling with so many bugs!

I've gone back to Ringo...and maybe, just maybe CF will be released for the 650.
    That would be great ! Call Filter is way too better than Lightwav. Lightwav doesn't even seem to work...
    What a buggy application...
  14.    #14  
    To those who use ringo :
    I see that ringo copies the selected MP3 to ram (from the memory card), is there any way to disable this ?
    I don't want my MP3 files to shrink ram !!!
    The one thing that I like about Lightwav is the database of area codes and their cities. It's nice to get that information when someone calls. Outside of that, I'm not too impressed with it. I'm still waiting for Call Filter on the 650.
    To those who use ringo :
    I see that ringo copies the selected MP3 to ram (from the memory card), is there any way to disable this ?
    It seems that the only MP3 it copies to RAM is the main ringer you use. For example, I have an MP3 (theme from Boondock Saints) that I use as my main ringer for everyone I don't have assigned a seperate MP3, and it copies that to RAM. All of the individual ringers I assign to people stay on the card.

Usually, your phone will only ring for around twenty seconds. Use an MP3 editor and shave your MP3 down to around twenty seconds, and your ringer will take up less than a meg even on a high quality. If you're still needing to make it smaller, reduce its bitrate.

Interesting that someone would plug their software, but refuse to answer a question about it. Says something about customer service, if you ask me.
    To those who use ringo :
    How big is the file? My default mp3 is over 6MB on card, but in RAM it only takes up 256k. It's attribute is also listed as "stream".
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    To those who use ringo :
    it only copies a few seconds of the mp3 ringtone to RAM, not the whole thing.

What is the problem ?

make sure you have both lwav and ptunes installed in ram and that lwav is enabled in the Prefs.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast