Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    I downloaded Ringer Pro. I was using TREO GUARD, but couldn't have more than one MP3 ringer tone at a time. My only issue is the $29.95 price tag (yikes). Is there another program that lets you set individual ring tones for your contacts, but with a lower price tag? Thanks.
    or free?
    I went with mRing.
    It was cheap, easy to set up, and doesn't crash, hang, cause resets, etc.
    No comment from smiley about bugs....
    I use Mp3Ringer and it works fine normally, except that if you try to answer a call using the green answer button on the 650, the song will continue playing in Ptunes after the call ends. It seems like Mp3Ringer is not stopping the song properly and Ptunes is just pausing like it normally does. If you answer by tapping the screen, the song stops as it should.
    PhoneTechnician (as well as other mp3 ringer programs) says it uses Pocket Tunes to play the mp3's. Why won't these programs work with the RealPlayer that comes with the Treo650... or will they?

thanks,
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nycboybj
    Is there another program that lets you set individual ring tones for your contacts, but with a lower price tag? Thanks.
    Heh. I would have liked to do this with just regular ringtones, using the built in software. The initial tech notes said this would be possible. But it wasn't. And instead of fixing the bug, PalmOne just changed the wording on the tech note.
    Quote Originally Posted by njdjr
    PhoneTechnician (as well as other mp3 ringer programs) says it uses Pocket Tunes to play the mp3's. Why won't these programs work with the RealPlayer that comes with the Treo650... or will they?

thanks,
    What they tell us is realplayer wont let them see the API's so they can't get their programs to work with it.
    yeah Primate is right, real won't release an API (application interface). Which means that developers just don't know how to get their software to properly interact with the player.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

The new PTunes update fixes the MP3Ringer issue. Ptunes will now stop the mp3 instead of pausing it when answering via the screen or answer key. So, it seems that Ptunes was at fault and not MP3Ringer.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I also use mRing as it seems to be very stable and it works, while I wait on CallFilter for the 650.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12