Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    What version of the Parrot did you install? Mine was the CK3000 and as far as I know you can only sync up the contacts that you have setup as favorites. If any of those have pauses for extra numbers etc, that will usually cause the problem. I took all my pauses out and did not have a problem synching up the favorite contacts.

The only issue I ran into was it wasn't always consisetent when it asked me to say a name after the beep. Sometimes it would beep and sometimes it wouldn't.

What you are referring to as far as saying telephone or hang up is called wordspotting and the Treo doesn't support that with the Parrot. I believe that only Ericsson and Sony phones support this option.

As far as updating the firmware, mine has the latest so I did not attempt this.

If you go to Parrot's website, they have a forum that their techs answer and you can post questions and there are a lot posts on the 650 and synching up contacts so that might help. http://www.driveblue.com/forums/
    I found some answers myself!

The sending of the contacts only works if the parrot is disconnected from the treo initially (phone wise). So i used the parrot menu to do that.

You can do the whole address book not just the speed dials if you use the send category option. But you have to do this disabling first on the parrot.

Second the voice started working once I trained one of the contacts, so it wouldn't work until I did that. The wordspotting does in fact work, pretty well!

So my only remaining issue is the firmware updater bombing but that's less of an issue since things are working ok so far.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    What carkit model do you have?
    Last edited by nuflat; 06/09/2005 at 09:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by apcmiami
    Well problems have officially begun. Since I upgraded Treo firmware I am getting more drops call with and without the Parrot. Also I can no longer send contacts. After two tries my Treo soft resets. arrrrgh... Just when you thought it was safe!!!!
    Been a while since I wrote an update. The Parrot does suffer from periodic disconnects - Nothing serious, I would say 1 out of 10 calls may get dropped. Sometimes it does not see the Treo - A simple soft reset cures this. (Even my wired GPS periodically requires a soft reset to get it going). All in all, I give the Parrot a A-. I can not live without it at this point. The Voice Reg. Is IMHO the best I have used.
    no disconnects for me. I have a problem with audio quality though but have not tried to solve it yet.
    The sound is kind of fluttery. mic is in a good spot not sure what it is. i can haer it when the voice recog recording plays back what i said so it's not the bluetooth.
    So for me the voice recog isn't good but i suspect thats because of the sound quality issue.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Your having voice problems? That is the one thing I have not experianced at all.

Latest Sprint updates, Latest Parrot firmware.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I'm installing my ck3100 tomorrow. Anything I need to know. It's going into a 05 Nissan Armada with a Bose system. Should I prepare my installer and tell him to bypass the amp??
    Anything else I need to know before they rip apart the car, lol ?
    What about the firmware update? How do I do it? Do I need it?
    Thanks, your help is appreciated.

Your input is appreciated
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Got my 3100 installed this morning. They did have to bypass the amp, since it a bose system in a nissan armada. They just hooked it up directly to the center channel speaker and it is loud enough.
    Somehow it automatically transferred all (or almost all) of my contacts into the parrot. Pretty cool, lol.
    Only made a couple of calls so far, but so far so good.
    What about call waiting? If I am on a call and another comes in, can I switch over on the parrot itself? or do I have to pull out the 650 to switch to the other call?
    Thanks.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSmobiletech
    You can install some resistors in line off the audio out of the parrot kit. Just find the right value for your application. I often purchase several different values of resistors and connect them on the positive leads to find one just right.

One other option, and probably the easiest. Peripheral offers a 4 channel inline converter (SVEN4) you can find here. This device gives you a stand alone line level converter with audio adjustment on all four channels.

http://peripheralelectronics.com/ima.../web/sven4.jpg
    ATTENTION!

This option listed above DOES NOT WORK! (SVEN4)

It's too noisy and effects the overall volume of the stereo system. I assumed this would help with the Parrot kit since we use this device for similar applications, but I personally tried to interface with my Titan before the factory amp and it's not a good idea. The audio was clear but too many pops and noises from the Parrot kit switching over the audio.

Please disregard this recommendation and stick with wiring directly to the car audio speakers post amplifier. WORKS GREAT!!!
    Greetings everyone,

I have spent a few hours reading up on the Parrot car kit and I read that is working perfectly as designed with the Sprint firmware 1.12 update for Treo 650.

I got a GSM Cingular Treo, is it possible to just install the BT Manager files contained in the 1.12 Sprint firm upgrade to fix the BT connection.? Anyone?

Does anyone know WHY the Sprint firmware fixed the connection so that someone smarter than myself can provide a patch?

Would the app AlwaysON Help?

G0THIKE
    What firmware versions are people using (GSM) with the Parrot?
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Software Treo650-1.04-CNG and firmware 01.05. Works excellent. Love it.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    QUestion:

My Parrot 3100, which I do love, is sometimes disconnecting on calls... about 4 out of 10 now... Don't know why.

I was going to do the firmware/software whatever update to 4.10D from Parrot but I have no earthly idea how to do this update..

Has anyone updated the software of the 3100??? If so, how did you do it??? And did it help to give better performance??
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    I did the update on my 3100 over bluetooth. I haven't noticed any difference, but I was never having any problems to begin with.

You need to have a laptop with bluetooth in order to do the update. Then just download the update utility and new firmware from www.driveblue.com. Their instructions are pretty good. It's a little tricky to set up at first, but it works. Doing firmware updates over a wireless connection is kind of scary since if the connection fails you could end up with a dead 3100. If that bothers you they offer a serial cable to accomplish the same thing.

I read somewhere else here that Parrot is getting ready to release another firmware update that specifically addresses problems with the 650, so you may want to wait a bit so you don't end up having to do this twice.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Thanks Beavis,

I do not have a laptop and how are you supposed to get the unit inside to the computer for the serial cable?? It's installed underneath the dash .. lol

help please
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    The serial cable would also work with the laptop. It would just be less a risk of there being a problem than with bluetooth. I suppose if you can put your car in a garage and were able to get your desktop PC close enough you might be able to connect the two. Unfortunately, bluetooth update from a laptop is almost necessary because the unit isn't easy to get to once it's been installed.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    i still don't understand... How is my pc supposed to send the update to the parrot. My pc doesn't have bluetooth lol and I don't have a laptop.
    It's very confusing... Is there no way to get it onto the phone, so the phone can transfer it to the Parrot?
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    No way to do it from the Treo, you need to use a computer. At the driveblue.com web site you have to download and install the Parrot flash update wizard. Then you use that to update the 3100 either over bluetooth or with their special serial cable. I think you have to buy the cable from them. Do you know anyone who has a bluetooth capable laptop that could help you out? That really is the most convienient way.
    I don't have a bluetooth laptop either but this is how I updated my ck-3300.

I bought a linksys usb bluetooth adapter for my home pc. they make one that looks about the size of a pack of gum and it has an antenna that you can rotate and adjust. it has amazing range. I plugged it into my pc in the house and was able to update my parrot kit in my truck out in the driveway.

I don't have the model number, but I bought it off of www.newegg.com. just make sure to find the one that has the antenna that you can rotate and position. also read the user reviews, it will be the one that everyone comments how much range they get with it. I am 100 percent sure it is the Linksys brand

hope this helps
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    here is that link to the adapter on newegg

click here for the linksys bluetooth adapter

__
    here are the reviews:

Lots of power
    I use this adapter for syncing my phone or connecting to the internet while in my car (through the phone also). Also, if you use the supplied drivers, you can use your computer mic and speakers as a sort of speakerphone with your phone or you can use your BT headset with your computer. I use it all the time with Teamspeak, and can walk all over my house while listening and talking. Great range on this little device.
    Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5 N/A, 6/22/2005 5:55:16 PM
    Neat Little Thing
    I use it to get pictures & videos off my blue-tooth enabled phone. I wish that there was a way to sync my contacts/calendar with outlook. Maybe something will come out.
    Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5 Jared, 6/18/2005 12:51:01 PM
    Go With A Name Brand
    I was trying to pair my phone, the Nokia N-Gage QD, but I was having limited success. Random connection success and frequent timeouts. So I bought this one based on the reviews. It worked perfectly, and is still connected after 12 hours of uptime. If you buy a bluetooth dongle, spend the extra money and buy this one, IT WORKS!
    Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5 Eddie, 6/5/2005 10:24:48 PM

Easy to use, and great range, 5/5! I have no complaints about this, and I find the activity LED to be quite handy; it lets me know that the more temperamental devices are actually sending something to it, and it's not just me.
    Rating + 4Rating + 4Rating + 4Rating + 4 N/A, 5/31/2005 7:06:41 AM
    needs a little effort, but still worth it
    If you have Windows XP with SP2, the directions do deviate from the ones in the installation guide, but it's nothing that a visit to Linksys' support page can't fix. Otherwise it works perfectly as all the other reviews described
    Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5 Grantness, 4/19/2005 8:02:54 PM
    Worth the Money
    After reading the review below me I set these up with dishes and tested it out, sure enough I had discovery at over 500 feet and was able to maintain the signal for over a mile.

In practice this makes for a better BT Dongle for my MS Bluetooth KB/MS and MPx220 than the actual MS one.

Highly recommended.
    Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5 Bobby, 12/3/2004 10:46:52 AM
    Wonderful Adapter, Incredible Range
    A friend of mine and I were curious on the distance of two of these devices would have talking to eachother.
    We setup two notebooks with these devices and setup our test on a major highway so we could get line of site.
    We got the adapters to "Discover" eachother close up and were then able to drive 1 Mile, Thats right 1 Mile line of site before we started dropping packets. At 3/4 of a mile the packets were 30 ms. Guess what that means!, xxx$ point to to point network for roughly 500mbps. All we need to do now is test some home made parabolics and see if we can get the "device discovery" to work at a far distance. Nice as far as Im concerned. I will try to post pictures and stuff on our website later to show our test. PS. The average power put out by a bluetooth device is aproximately 1 mw these units are maybe 20-50 mw. Huge difference. Way to go Linksys!!!!

And as always NEWEGG is unbeatable.
    Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5 Tim T, 10/5/2004 9:42:33 PM

Using the Linksys USBBT100, I can download pictures (wallpaper & screen saver) and ring tones to my Sony Ericsson T637 phone. I can also upload pictures from the T637 to my computer. If you have Win XP SP2, please see Answer ID 1682 on the Linksys web site on how to setup the USBBT100.
    Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5 N/A, 6/29/2004 10:32:56 AM
    excellent purchase
    I have been trying to find a bluetooth adaptor to work with my sony ericsson t610 cell phone, but the ones that I have tried would not work. This one works to perfection! It is easy to use and install plus it has a 330feet range! I would recommend this to anyone that needs a bluetooth adaptor.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12