Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, there.

I've released ChatterEmail 1.0.4. There have been many enhancements since 1.0.3.1 was released at the beginning of March, including: POP3 support (sans attachments), SMS pseudo-push triggers for those without IMAP servers supporting IDLE, and "Filtered Mailboxes" (which includes the ability to search entire server folders without needing the messages loaded onto the Treo).

The release, upgrade, full documentation, and release notes are at http://www.chatteremail.com.

Thanks!

Marc
    Please let us know: when will attachments via POP be supported?
    Great job on 1.0.4 Marc. Filtered mailboxes are working great and I havnt experienced a soft reset since 1.0.3rc9. I highly recommend this release to all users. It completely soved the filtered mailbox reset loop problem that TxDot and I were experiencing. Kudos.
    Marc,

Were any changes made between 1.0.4rc9 and the released 1.0.4 version? No need to go into what the changes were, I just want to know if I need to upgrade immediately or not.
  5.    #5  
    A few... There's a fix to make SSL in the background more "stable" (though it can't ever be really stable). Also, I added an "Undelete" command to Message View. And fixed a potential issue with not being able to connect to mailboxes in some situations.

Marc
    so can i now configure it to work with AOL?

Kevin
  7.    #7  
    kmcgill - Not with IMAP, no; AOL is does NOT support IMAP, no matter what they say. You can probably use AOL with POP3, however.

Marc
    I am having a problem upgrading. I am following directions, when doing the "reset phone/Upgrade" it resets, and i lose all my preferences from my phone, including ALL my registrations for other software on my T650. I had to use backupman to restore my prefs.

Trying to upgrade from 1.0.4rc7
    Marc, do you think you might consider a feature that password protects certain Mailboxes? For instance, to view mail in my "Fastmail" mailbox I'd have to put in a password.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcgill
    so can i now configure it to work with AOL?

Kevin
    Sorry Marc, not trying to advertise another vendor. Just trying to help this person out.
    You can with Snapper.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  11.    #11  
    mahootski -

Reset the phone with the stylus while holding the rocker-up key. Release the key when the "PalmPowered" logo appears. Then, hotsync the new files.

Marc
  12.    #12  
    millerhifi - That's fine. BTW, there is almost no advantage to using AOL as an IMAP service, IMO. Might as well use POP.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    mahootski -

Reset the phone with the stylus while holding the rocker-up key. Release the key when the "PalmPowered" logo appears. Then, hotsync the new files.

Marc
    Thanks Marc, worked great...

BTW, in my pop3 acount, when i delete an email it only grey's. Is there a way to delete it from the treo seperately, or only with delete all unlocked?
    Can you use AOL as POP3?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    Can you use AOL as POP3?
    see post #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    A few... There's a fix to make SSL in the background more "stable" (though it can't ever be really stable). Also, I added an "Undelete" command to Message View. And fixed a potential issue with not being able to connect to mailboxes in some situations.

Marc
    Why will SSL never be stable? Is that an inherent problem with the Treo or with the way IMAP works?

How much of a security risk is it running without SSL? I had a salesperson for Good tell me that security was the big difference between Chatter and Good. FYI, she was very aware of you and Chatter if that makes you feel good (no pun intended)
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    The Good people at the dallas roadshow were not familiar with chatter. Glad to hear you're on their radar.
  18.    #18  
    Well, I don't really think that Chatter and Good compete in any real sense; Good is a server-based enterprise solution that pretty much takes over your Treo. Chatter is, well, it's something else... ;-)

SSL is completely stable IF you don't use it in the background. So running SSL with "Disable Background SSL" is stable. Now, if you're using SSL WITHOUT that option, then stability can't be guaranteed - you will see resets (whether once per week or once per day or once per hour depends a lot on usage).

I have a good number of users who use SSL in the background and think its convenience is worth the occasional reset; others aren't as forgiving. The fact that Chatter can restart itself upon reset means that you really don't lose more than 30-40 seconds when it resets - not a big deal, really.

The REASON for the instability is that there is NO SSL library for the Palm OS that can run in the background, for a variety of technical reasons. I have, however, put some special code in Chatter to allow it to run reasonably well, so I allow it as an option. Without this "special sauce", Chatter would crash within seconds of leaving the application, every time.

So you pays your money, you takes your chances, right?

Marc

p.s. As far as security is concerned, I am agnostic on the subject. I don't use SSL except for testing, and neither do the vast majority of users. The reason: who the heck cares about my emails, anyway? Now, if I were very, very concerned about security (or my company was), then maybe I'd use it. Do you know how many people claim to be security conscious but use entirely obvious passwords?
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Well I don't know what you did in 1.0.4 but for me the stability has improved hugely. Previously I was running the 1.0.4rc* (pretty much every one of them) and my 650 was resetting every few hours. Yes, I am running background SSL. I upgraded to 1.0.4 this morning and not a reset since. I've been using the treo pretty heavily today and not a single crash. I know it's not been long enough for this to be too useful a report, but I had a free moment and I thought I'd send you some positive feedback.
    anyone have sucess in downloading aol mail I set up account in pop the test is successfull but I can't get it to qsync nothing seems to happen
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast