Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    fkpalm - You might send me a log. Remember that POP accounts are strange, depending on how they're set up. Some, for example, delete messages off the server once they're read somewhere...

carrel - Yes, I did make a change that should improve stability, so I'm happy to hear about your experience. I think if you avoid Blazer (and secure sites), it's actually quite stable.

Marc
    I use SSL, not because anybody cares about my emails but the login user/password is otherwise sent cleartext. Not a big deal if you only have email access but it's more problematic if the login/password also gets you things like shell access.
    Pete
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    carrel - Yes, I did make a change that should improve stability, so I'm happy to hear about your experience. I think if you avoid Blazer (and secure sites), it's actually quite stable.

Marc
    Bummer, well I still have my morning crash. This happens every morning and I don't know why. What happens is that I pick up the treo which has been charging and it is sitting at whatever app I left it at before I went to bed. If I switch to another app, it switches fine. But when I switch to chatter, then my scheduled BackupMan backup starts. It seems that all background actions didn't happen overnight. BackupMan didn't run. Chatter didn't run (I know this because I have new mail, but Chatter hasn't loaded them yet. And DateBook5 hasn't run because there are no popups for the daily items. So when BackupMan finishes, then Chatter starts. First thing it brings up the network, and when that finishes, the Treo crashes. When it reboots, Chatter finds and loads my new mail and all is OK.

I do not have any sleep hours configured in Chatter.

Is this related to the background SSL issue?? Chatter is the foreground app when it crashes. But there clearly was some background activity that was pending from overnight.

I used to see the same sympoms with earlier versions of Chatter (1.0.3-ish and before) but without the crash. At that time I tried the popup blocker but it didn't help so I turned it off.

Any thoughts... I am pretty sure Chatter is crashing (though I realize that it is only a guess). And I have no real indicator as to what app is keeping all the background tasks from going. During the day, Chatter runs just fine in the background.

Dave

I need to play around with the popup blocker some more. I used to enable it a long time ago
  4.    #24  
    BackupMan somehow doesn't get along with Chatter, or at least I've been told that. I'm not sure why either. What does ##377 (or #*377) say about the crash?

Marc
    Good News is, the Carraige Return issue seems to be fixed in 1.0.4 but when I get new mail it goes all the way back to the beginning and I have to scroll down many pages.
    Pete
    I installed new 1.0.5b... & set up pop gmail & sprintpcs. gmail works fine.. but I get "badfolder" message from chatter when try to synch sprinpcs account.. how do I fix that? I forward my gmail & sprintpcs mail to fastmail.. but I have to use snapper pop to delete sprint mail off sprint server.. as forwarding it there is no option w/sprint to delete forwarded mail off server. so..it would b nice to do it all in chatter.. but chatter not pulling the sprint mail.. only get "badfolder"message. when I set up sprint email in a chatter pop acct.. it successfully tested the connection.
    help please,
    john
  7.    #27  
    I think "Bad Folder" (oops; the message is a mistake) means that the username/password is incorrect. Could you confirm it's right (no extra spaces, etc)? You could send a log and I'll confirm...

Marc
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    BackupMan somehow doesn't get along with Chatter, or at least I've been told that. I'm not sure why either. What does ##377 (or #*377) say about the crash?

Marc
    Bummer about backupman. So this morning I went to carefully watch what happens and write down the ##377 message. But it didn't crash! Yesterday I loaded 1.0.5b3. Did you do anything that might have done that. Of course, one morning with no crash doesn't prove anything, but it sure was pleasant.

In the details: Normally switching apps won't awaken Chatter and Backupman, but this morning, I just switched apps. Also normally backupman runs first, then I see the network come up and then the crash. This morning the network came up first, then backupman ran, then Chatter synced. Not sure if any of that is significant.

Another odd detail was that my mail didn't sync completely. I didn't notice this at first (until I went to my desktop) so I don't have a lot of details. But a subfolder didn't sync at all. Then when I started reading email on the desktop, it partially synced. I deleted all 6 new email from the desktop, and then Chatter beeped telling me there was mail. So I looked at chatter and it showed 2 of those new messages in the folder list and a number 2 next to the envelope in the lower right. I waited and waited but nothing changed. So I reset connections, it all synced up fine and now test mails work normally. More news as I figure out if this was a one-off glitch or something real.
    I checked my settings.. all correct & work in snappermail... I have no idea how to access a log to send u. still getting "bad folder"

btw.. can u add a button toeasily check mai.. especially for pop instead of have to pull down menu?
    one more request.. its a big pain to have gointo chatter.. pull down menu, choose "close chatter & diconnect" when i want to use bt dun or just do a reset w/out chatter starting up & having to wait for chatter to close & diconnect. it would be great to have a shortcut/hard button option to do this w/out having to navigate to chatter to do it.
    thanx
    john
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Hmmm, it did it again. No crash this morning. But after Chatter woke up, it brought the network up and when I looked at the mailboxes, they showed the envelope in the lower right saying they were synced. But they weren't. I had to reset connections.

Stability wise, this is awesome. (I am running 1.0.5b3) But after these overnight lockups, it seems to not sync properly.

Unfortunately I am leaving the country today for 3 weeks. I won't get much online time and I'll have no Sprint connectivity, so I can't get you more info. I'll surely be grabbing whatever new release is out when I return.

thanks
  11.    #31  
    Thanks; I'll look into this.

Marc
    Backupman has always happily co-existed with Chatter (and ssl) on my 600. Is the conflict a 650-only issue?
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I've missed a few releases and want to upgrade to 1.0.4.2 - Marc advises rebuilding mailboxes for stability.

Anyone upgrade without rebuilding mailboxes and care to share their joys and pains?

I have 17 folders setup, 6 online folders, the rest set to QSync anywhere from 5 to 14 hours, and three dummy profiles for sending, no SSL. My IMAP provider is Fusemail.

Sprint T600 (officially old school now) > Hardware C> firmware 1.2

TIA
    BTW: I was wrong, the CR problem still exists. Sorry Marc!
    Pete
  15.    #35  
    Pete - I bet... I never changed anything...

Marc
    unfortunately u can't "all online",putting a mailbox that is scheduled to be offline. the only way is a qucksynch... "quicksynch" won't synch an offline box either. it would be great if those commands also worked for an offline box.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Marc,

I just loaded 1.0.4.2 over 1.0.2.X and WOW I was really missing out. Filtered mailboxes, POP (though I am on the fence about this), and terrific attachment support. Did you introduce this in 1.0.3? That's academic really.

Bye Bye tired old Versamail which I kept around just for attachments.

Hello 1.5 mb more.

Thanx again.
  18.    #38  
    Great; glad you're enjoying it, puyi! The beta, btw, adds a "Summary" mailbox that can integrate any number of other mailboxes into a single one.

Marc
    Marc-
    Given that Snappermail is able to access AOL via IMAP (or something awfully similar to IMAP), and so are Mailwave and Consilient, shouldn't there be a way for you to do this??? There certainly seems to be a fair amount of desire for this (including here!). Thanks for any feedback, as well as for all your efforts here all along. If you can add this capability for all of us AOL users, Chatter would really be pretty complete.

-Ken
    Last edited by kenk63; 04/06/2005 at 02:04 PM. Reason: typo
  20.    #40  
    kenk63 - I have VERY mixed feelings about this. AOL's IMAP implementation looks superficially like IMAP, but it is -in reality - as dumb as POP3. What that means is that I'd effectively have to create a new TYPE of account - the "AOL Account" and rework a bunch of code just to handle its eccentricities. I don't know...

Marc
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast