1.    #1  
    I don't know how exactly I did it, but after the 1.08 upgrade, all of my SD card programs worked great, and were still functioning with existing registration keys and databases

Well, I needed to reload Chatter, so I used latest version (not beta, genuine version). This asks you to use the upgrade/reset option. Now, all of my SD Card data (except pics & music) is wiped out... even BackupBuddy is gone?

Not such a big deal, most are games, but all the data for these apps has seemingly disappeared/or been overwritten. All of these programs now need Reg. Keys, etc.

I don't know if this was a Chatter related problem, but it's the only thing I had to really work on after the Upgrade.

Any ideas how I might be able to get this info back... since it's not on my backup anymore (although Backup Buddy doesn't let you backup on file at a time - like BackupMan, but they're another nightmare for my 650)? I've Hotsync'd a bunch of times, but clearly the databases are sync'd as is now too.

Let me know if you have any tips.

Thanks!
    You need to restore the Saved Preferences file from your backup. BackupBuddy does let you backup and restore a single file, but you need to have the Professional Version for that.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    That sucks - Glad you posted though - Good reminder for everyone else. I actually typed up a quick spreadsheet w/ all my programs and reg numbers -

Good luck to u
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    You need to restore the Saved Preferences file from your backup. BackupBuddy does let you backup and restore a single file, but you need to have the Professional Version for that.
    I have the Professional Version, but I don't see how to do that...Every time I've restored, it does the whole enchilada... Doesn't really matter, whatever wiped out my reg. codes etc., cleared out my Backup Buddy as well (yeah!, the backed up file!)... wierd?...and scary - now I know why others use two backups, etc, etc... I thought they were just paranoid... paranoid for a reason I guess!.. I'll get the saved preferences file though and see if that works.

Thanks for the help... Overall, got 6MB of Memory back, upgrade still worth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhas
    I have the Professional Version, but I don't see how to do that...Every time I've restored, it does the whole enchilada.
    You need to select Advanced mode from BBVFS's Options menu.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro