1. dpk
    I am in need of the app called "TreoHelper" mentioned in other threads that can help me bypass the CDMA "bug" where it prevents calls from getting through even if I make sure to go to the phone mode. I've tried searching for both "TreoHelper" and "Treo Helper" to no avail (at least, for the Treo 600).

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    This is the link to the Treo Helper Website.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treohelper.html

Download the zip file and install.

I love this app. It's free and it works.

Cheers.
  3. dpk
    I saw the site, but I didn't see a Treo 600 version, just the 180/270/300. Does that work as well?
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Indeed it does. The text on the link says it's version .56 or something like that...the actual file includes an html page indicating it's really version .70.

The version on my 650 is .70 and works like a champ.

Download the zip, take a look at the files and you'll see the latest update was in December 2004...the site can be a bit misleading, but rest assured, it'll work on a 600 and a 650...at least that's what the html file within the Zip says.

Good luck.
  5. dpk
    Cool, thanks. That did it. And another thread enters the search engine!
    I think this program will be answer for my use but I downloaded and cannot get the sounds to work for the SMS alerts...has anyone been able to get this done? I would really like to get this to work. I have a Treo 600
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    SMS alerts do work, but not the sounds. The Treo 600 has a different sound library/interface than the older Treos ... and this part of the utility was not updated. But it does intercept SMS messages just fine.
    Faire sans dire
    "To do without speaking"
    (DEEDS NOT WORDS)
    Too bad about the sounds, that's what I wanted it for, guess I'll have to keep looking.
    What is this 'CDMA bug' that you refer to?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.