Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I was going through some of the buttons on my Treo 650 in the Phone Application.

I put the five-way director over the contacts button and held down the center key and an Alert Screen poped up. But it was blank but I could snooze or clear it. So I tried it on all my buttons and it happened on every single one! This is weird. Anyone else see this. I tried a search of threads but found nothing.

I didn't lock up my phone up or anything, it is just a weird thing!

Also, The new Firmware Update is awesome, I gained 10 megs and haven't had a reset in 12 hours and counting.

BenJoe
    what do you mean that you tried it on all my buttons?

its a feature that by pressing the center button it will show you all the alerts that you've missed....
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    It seems to do this in any app...cool feature.
    any idea how to turn it off though? can be annoying in games.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    The purpose of holding down the middle button is so you can access any alerts that you havent seen yet (like when the asterisk is flashing in the top left).

You need to hold it down for 2-3 seconds before it pops up. Just curious why it would be annoying since you have to actually hold the button down to access this.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    That explains it!

I set up an alert and then tried it and did show up. I never knew you could do that. I guess I could have read the manual.

I was doing it in the Phone Application for example over the Call Log button or the Contacts button, I would just hold down and a blank alert screen came up.

But now I know i can use instead of pushing the corner of the screen with my pinky!

Thanks
    A little off-topic, but....
    Does anyone know why the alert screen is blank when there is a Versamail email alert pending? Everything else tells you a little bit about the alert (the first few lines of the SMS or Calendar entry) but email is simply a blank alert window.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I just noticed that I get them when VersaMail alerts me to email. When I was using the Cingular version this didn't happen. No big deal really, though I wish it was just the little flashing square in the corner instead.