Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    did they give you the new cords and everything (make you return the old cords, box, etc.)?
    nope. Just swapped out the phone itself.
  2.    #22  
    wow, any it was new...i hope mine is like that. how much did they charge you? they charged me $10
    wow, any it was new...i hope mine is like that. how much did they charge you? they charged me $10
    Why did you have to pay for a WARRANTY replacement????

This is not an insurance issue. If your hardware is defective they are obligated under the terms of the warranty to replace it.
    After 4 phones, my last one (the first refurb) is the best one to date going on 2 months with no problems. EVERY new phone at my local store (San Diego) had broken P keys. I was about to eat the Rep when she handed my a Refurb until I saw the P key was fine!
  5.    #25  
    how do the P keys break?

They didn't charge a thing. Why did they charge you?
    I've had 3 Refurbs in 4 years... all different types of units (SamsungI330/Treo300/Treo600).. They all looked BRAND NEW TO ME.

One note, I was instructed NOT to return cords, etc, so I didn't, and even DID NOT return the battery(ies), which allowed me to 'have a spare' so to speak... at least you can justify the $10 that way.... They should not have charged you that IMO.

Good Luck!
  8.    #28  
    Wow, that'd be cool...i think the refurb (or hopefully new) treo 650 will be here today...
    FYI - I wanted to update you guys. I just picked up a warranty replacement for a broken P key today. It finally gave out on me after about 4.5 months. The store would not give me a new on on site, so they ordered me a "refurb" warranty replacement.

Much to my pleasant surprise, i am the owner of a brand new, not refurbed 650. I'm doing the firmware update as i type this.

So don't worry, you'll probably get a new one as well.
  10.    #30  
    Oh wow, that is really good to hear. hopefully it will be here monday!! Btw, what is the "Dreaded P key" problem?
    I had the 'p' key problem (the key would fire if you simply rubbed your finger over it. You couldn't use the keyboard in a case with a clear plastic cover over the keyboard as the 'p' key would go off whenever you tried to strike any nearby key). After being sent to a store, where I was told they had not replacements...and they could not get their software to order one, I called Sprint back and pushed the issue. They finally sent out a new unit, arrived in 2 days. Anyone else heard of the 'p' key problem?
    Got a "replacement phone" from sprint beginning of March. It came just the phone and battery to the sprint store in a plain brown box. Did the ##786# thing and the refurb status was "No" so they do send out new phones as replacements without the retail packaging. My warrenty date was 12-06-04 which I assume the manufacturing date of the phone. Although I did get my first treo phone close to that date.

I returned my phone due to choppy audio, and naturally this one has the issue too. But now that the ROM upgrade is out I will have a go at that. A few resets on this one but I think that it is a function of choking on some web code (trying to use a "webmail site".
    I just got a refurb 650, my orginal finally gave up the ghost. It was brand new.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    brought my 650 into the local sprint store today, the "F" key it stuck down.... they ordered me a reburb, said it would be in on thursday..... they gave me a new 600 last time when I was having the "network search" issues...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12