Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    I have been trying to install this update for over an hour. I am not using a hacked ROM. I followed Sprint's intructions. I have done the Hotsync, soft reset, run the updater software.

    The 650 does not start the ROM update automatically like it says it will (I have tried the soft reset after the install hotsync too and it did not work). I start the update manually by running the DC app. The update runs fine until it gets to the ROM install part and it gives me the error "Error Updating ROM". WTF is wrong here?

    ROM updates on the 600 were so simple, the 650 procedure is rediculous, and doesn't seem to work for everyone well.
  2. #2  
    And you've followed Shadowmites Original ROM restoration instructions before doing the Sprint/P1 install?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols
    I am not using a hacked ROM.
    I am not running a hacked ROM and don't need to follow Shadowmite's instructions.
  4. #4  
    Are you running Uninstall Manager? That might mess you up.

    I would suggest a hard reset, sync with a new username (so your apps don't get reloaded), and then sync the updater with the new username.

    Once the update is finished, hard reset again and switch back to your regular username to get back your data.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols
    I am not running a hacked ROM and don't need to follow Shadowmite's instructions.
    Sorry. misread it, thought you said "I am using a hacked ROM".

    Need to get my *** to bed.
    Last edited by Insertion; 03/23/2005 at 06:48 PM. Reason: type...see, I do need sleep!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Are you running Uninstall Manager? That might mess you up.

    I would suggest a hard reset, sync with a new username (so your apps don't get reloaded), and then sync the updater with the new username.

    Once the update is finished, hard reset again and switch back to your regular username to get back your data.
    What he said.

    Thats pretty much what I did.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #7  
    Did the hard reset and created a seperate account. This worked! Maybe PalmOne should put this in their instructions.
  8. #8  
    Did the hotsync in which you transferred the updater over work on the first try? Or did it crash midsync?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols
    Did the hard reset and created a seperate account. This worked! Maybe PalmOne should put this in their instructions.
    Great. Glad it's working! Another down
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10. #10  
    K dude....follow along...
    1. hard reset your device....
    2. sync with you computer, BUT Do NOT use your name to sync with....type in a new user...EXAMPLE: update
    3. when your sync is complete you should basically have all the original apps only.
    4. RUn the updater program on your computer and it will tell you to sync...
    5. Sync with the new user....update
    6. Follow the updater instructions until you are completely finished with its execution.
    7. Hard reset again
    8. Sync again with you computer again THIS TIME with your REAL user name.

    Everything should work out....
    ENJOY!!!!
  11. #11  
    aww.....just a little slow...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Did the hotsync in which you transferred the updater over work on the first try? Or did it crash midsync?

    After the Hard Reset, and setuping up the new account, the install worked automatically and flawless.

    Funny how PalmOne's instructions say only to perform a soft reset, "Don't perform a hard reset".
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols
    After the Hard Reset, and setuping up the new account, the install worked automatically and flawless.

    Funny how PalmOne's instructions say only to perform a soft reset, "Don't perform a hard reset".
    How about before the hard reset? Did the hotsync crash?
  14. #14  
    need help my updater is not working i get a message upgrade not required. tried soft resets and hard resets with new name with no luck. I am trying to run the shadowmite rom updater but i get a message saying no rom image directory found installing from device .Anyone have this problem.

    Fred
  15. #15  
    Anyone have any ideas how to do the update

    Fred
  16. #16  
    Anybody have instructions on updating with missing sync instead of the regular hotsync?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols

    ROM updates on the 600 were so simple, the 650 procedure is rediculous, and doesn't seem to work for everyone well.
    I remember those T600 updates and there were far more complaints about them (especially the last one) than this latest T650 patch.

Posting Permissions