1.    #1  
    Hello,

I bought a Sandisk Ultra II card a few weeks ago and it worked really fast for a few days. Then it stopped working. Neither Treo650 nor my PC with a card reader could see the card. I contacted Dell and they shipped me a new card. I got the new card today. I saved a few files using my card reader and then, the card got corrupted. I'm not sure if it got corrupted after I inserted it in the Treo or before.
    I use an old card reader that worked well with regular SD cards (it's a multi card reader).
    Do you guys think the card reader is an issue in this situation? Should I thow it away and get a new one? If yes, could you recommend me a good card reader (not the most expensive )
    May it be the problem with the Treo?
    Or are Sandisk Ultra II cards of poor quality?
    Thanks for any help

Mikhail
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail
    Hello,

I bought a Sandisk Ultra II card a few weeks ago and it worked really fast for a few days. Then it stopped working. Neither Treo650 nor my PC with a card reader could see the card. I contacted Dell and they shipped me a new card. I got the new card today. I saved a few files using my card reader and then, the card got corrupted. I'm not sure if it got corrupted after I inserted it in the Treo or before.
    I use an old card reader that worked well with regular SD cards (it's a multi card reader).
    Do you guys think the card reader is an issue in this situation? Should I thow it away and get a new one? If yes, could you recommend me a good card reader (not the most expensive )
    May it be the problem with the Treo?
    Or are Sandisk Ultra II cards of poor quality?
    Thanks for any help

Mikhail
    i had the same happened to me. it was the 1gb ultra II. for some reason my sony pcmcia card reader would not read the card so i went out and purchased a sandisk pcmcia card reader. it worked for a while then the card just dies on me. (less than a day of use) i would say stay away from sandisk but they do ofter lifetime warranty on the ultra II cards so that's something to consider.
    lifetime warranty does not equal high quality
    www.atpinc.com
    jwh@us.atpinc.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jhsieh
    lifetime warranty does not equal high quality
    agreed. but it does provide peace of mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by linc
    agreed. but it does provide peace of mind.
    Not if you unfortunately saved your only copy of something important on the SD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Not if you unfortunately saved your only copy of something important on the SD.
    that could happen to ANY brand not just sandisk. just because a brand is reliable it doesn't mean it has no chance of failure. if it's important to you, back it up.
    Hi,
    Something similar happened to me. I got one of the Sandisk II 1 Gig SD cards at Costco. Seemed to work ok for a few minutes, but when I tried to copy more files onto it I got a "path too deep" error? It then started acting really flakey. I tried using it in my camera, Treo, card-reader, etc. and no device seemed happy with it. My camera claimed the card had 3 megs, even after I formatted it.

I then got a pq1 1 gig card. Again, seemed ok, but I started getting those "path too deep" errors. I am not sure if the problem is the name of the files, how the cards were formatted (FAT, FAT32, etc?), or what.

Hmmm.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Hi,
    From what I can see from usenet/google, it looks like "path too deep" is just a generic, misleading Windows error, and what it really means is hardware failure. So my pcmcia card reader may be dead, my SD card, my PC's USB port, etc. The fact that it works fine with one SD card, and not the 2 large ones, makes me suspect the issue is that the card reader is too fast, and the larger SD cards too slow, resulting in this error. I will try using my slow printer/usb SD slot, and see if that helps.

Anyone else using 1 Gig SD cards?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Using Sandisk 1 Gig, but not Ultra II's, never a problem..
    Hi,
    So I brought my card home, put it in the SD slot in my hp7550 printer on my server, and connected wirelessly to it. The card worked great, and I was able to write to it.

So the problem appears to be speed-related? The 1gig card does not work in my 4in1 reader, but works fine in my Treo and printer, and a 256meg card works great in all three, showing that the 4in1 reader is actually functional. I am not sure what is slowing it down enough to work at home -the wireless connection or the USB connection between the printer and server.

So I have a solution now, but it is slow, and means I probably need some external USB reader with my laptop.

;-(
    KA1